Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The European dream has been stamped to death this afternoon.

Finishing above Palace now looks unlikely with our current form. FFS.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
5 years ago in April, we were losing 0-5 to Bournemouth at the Amex.

One wonders whether this is going to be a defining fixture like the Bournemouth and Cardiff games at the Amex were.

Different circumstances certainly and we've had a great European adventure, but still this nagging feeling persists...
That Bournemouth game cost me a couple hundred quid as when I got home, rather sozzled, I kicked off my shoes a touch too aggressively and sent one of them smashing through a window.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The idea that this poor form is down to the club's strategy is ridiculous. These players had us in a decent league position and in the last 16 of the Europa League. RDz started moaning about signings knowing full well the club he'd signed up for, he has no plan B and just won't coach the side to be pragmatic in key periods of the game. He has either given up, lost the dressing room or is getting found out. If he wants to leave he should go now so we can get sorted for next season.
I doubt if he thought we would sell our best players and replace them with free transfers and oap's

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That explains the game being harder for him but he's completely lost his form. Even when he gets space he doesn't know what to do with it now.
Agreed - game gets harder, player loses confidence, game gets harder. It’s cyclical. Not sure anyone knows how to break it.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Still time to turn this around...
At our current rate of scoring we need TWELVE games to score to turn this around, and we would need 2 of those 4 goals to be OG’s too….

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Time for RDZ to go I think.

I hope the club see sense and don’t let him take us into next season.

My fear is they’ll still with him the same way they stuck with Hyypia.

Said it before. Bloom either believes in RDZ and spends big to get the players needed or he ejects him. I’d do the latter as I don’t think RDZ his wily enough.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Time for RDZ to go I think.

I hope the club see sense and don’t let him take us into next season.

My fear is they’ll still with him the same way they stuck with Hyypia.

Said it before. Bloom either believes in RDZ and spends big to get the players needed or he ejects him. I’d do the latter as I don’t think RDZ his wily enough.
They won't sack him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Is it really second worst on form? I knew it was bad but didn't know it was that bad
Statistically I think we are third or fourth bottom, form wise. But clearly Luton are better given they have basically a league one squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here