[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
There is a massive and direct correlation between wage spend and league position. The largest clubs with huge, full stadiums and much bigger commercial income can afford the highest wages - therefore getting the best players. It’s really not complicated.

We can’t compete on income with the vast majority of teams in this league, because they’re bigger and more successful than we are.

So we have to use a model which includes developing and selling players for profit, in order to be sustainable and eventually not rely on our very generous owner pumping it tens of millions of pounds a season purely in running costs to offset our losses.

I can’t believe how thick some supporters are. We are Brighton, not Manchester United. We can’t compete without selling players.
There’s also an almost undeniable correlation between levels of reinvestment and league position.

Villa sold Grealish for £100m and now they’re 4th. Why? Because they chose to reinvest the money into the squad. Now they’ll be in the champions league and will recuperate a big portion of that money.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes it’s been going on for a while now
I replied on one post somewhere that if things stay as they were then it would be inevitable that we would slip down the table
That was during the injury crisis not before
One thing I didn’t know about RDZ is that he has managed 7 clubs in 11 years.I understand that the Shaktar thing wasn’t his fault but seems like there might be a pattern that he has a dramatic impact which dies out and eventually turns turtle and those who loved him start to work him out.
His stats as a manager are average wherever he has been
Or he got lucky, taking over a very good team that was fairly buzzing, and managed to keep the good vibes he inherited going for a season.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
There is a massive and direct correlation between wage spend and league position. The largest clubs with huge, full stadiums and much bigger commercial income can afford the highest wages - therefore getting the best players. It’s really not complicated.

We can’t compete on income with the vast majority of teams in this league, because they’re bigger and more successful than we are.

So we have to use a model which includes developing and selling players for profit, in order to be sustainable and eventually not rely on our very generous owner pumping it tens of millions of pounds a season purely in running costs to offset our losses.

I can’t believe how thick some supporters are. We are Brighton, not Manchester United. We can’t compete without selling players.
We're currently 2-0 down to the team with a stadium 1/3rd the size of ours, and 6 first team players out with injury...

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That is true. In every major league, almost every year there is a direct correlation between wage budget and league position.
This isn't about that though.
This is about RDZ tapping out.
Well it is about that, because a number of posts above are complaining about our business practices, which are being blamed for our current awful form.

I’m pointing out this is the model because there is no alternative, except for asking the owner to invest hundreds more millions of his own money to fund a transfer spree.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Well it is about that, because a number of posts above are complaining about our business practices, which are being blamed for our current awful form.

I’m pointing out this is the model because there is no alternative, except for asking the owner to invest hundreds more millions of his own money to fund a transfer spree.
Then why are Bournemouth doing well this season?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

We can, however, compete with Bournemouth ……. oh, apparently not ☹️

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
That’s partly down to Mitoma not playing. When he does teams tend to double up on him which gives Adingra more room on the other side. If you don’t double up on Mitoma he scores goals like he did at Wolves and Adingra becomes irrelevant.
That explains the game being harder for him but he's completely lost his form. Even when he gets space he doesn't know what to do with it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports