Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Is it my bias or is the ref letting Bournemouthh foul us at will?
I think Johnny and Warren were discussing how Bournemouth have committed the most fouls in the PL this season but have the fewest yellow cards, or something like that.

Do a lot of very niggly fouls which disrupt the flow

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
At Muff, and trying to remember a worse 1st half under RDZ. Feel very sorry for the youngsters.
No positives in that half. Muff just need to sit back and wait for us ti create chances for them!
Get a very early start on the traffic. I’m looking at the ironing and it’s increasingly attractive compared to watching this garbage. Might switch to North London derby

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Warminster
Is it my bias or is the ref letting Bournemouthh foul us at will?
I am thinking the same....."don't worry about the ball kick the player the ref won't mind!"

He looks remarkably angry and frustrated for someone who has checked out.
Indeed. I genuinely think he’s going through hell right now. There’s no Brighton fan who feels worse than him currently

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I think he’s already checked out of the job. Isn’t there some contractual restriction or benefit to him meaning he’ll probably see out the season?

It’s as if the players have known this since Feb.
Yeah, wasn't there some clause to prevent him leaving before the summer? Seemed like a genius move after Potter, but I wonder if this hasn't bitten us in the ass now.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This is my take on it, selling all the family silver and replacing it with much inferior replacements. If Mitoma goes as being reported it could be a very long next season.
Sanchez, White, Burn, Cucurella, Bissouma, Trossard, Caicedo, Mac Allister. That's a fierce eight lost right there. Have I missed anybody?

Again. Harsh realities of life in the Premier League. We don't have the financial muscle or reputation to retain big talent for long so we have to have an exceptional scouting and recruitment model that keeps striking gold year after year after year. We've had a good run but drew a relative blank this season. HInshelwood looks pukka. Adingra and Baleba have had moments but one season is not necessarily enough (Mac Allister springs to mind). Barco should be fun to see develop but this league is so tough that the pressure on the recruitment pipeline is relentless.

This summer was always going to be important but, following this complete nosedive that has seen a 14 point lead over them evaporate in a matter of weeks, it is looking absolutely critical.

Last edited:

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Seems like the tactic for the rest of the season is rest up some of the first team regulars to avoid any long term injuries and to use the remaining time to develop our academy lads to see how they slot in - very obviously a much lower standard than our seasoned older players all watching on the bench. Hardly going to be a season defining from now on anyway.
f***ing hell you really are the ultimate club man words fail me

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Please do.....you are obviously not an Albion fan
I was making a statement. That we are not enjoyable to watch. The majority of my life we were in the lower leagues. I still remember a Ritchy barker header at priestfield being my earliest football memory. I'd rather watch that than this.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe PB and TB need to have serious words with the medical team who said all our injured players would be back early February thus alleviating the need to sign anyone. I wonder if they could go back in time whether they show more urgency to get someone in

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
71% possession
1 (one) shot on target.

GPott would be on his vinegar strokes right now.
We actually used to have a lot of chances under Potter. It was just that they were always with ten of their players back in the box so rarely went in.

Welbz the obvious sub

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here