Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
De Zerbi saying we're still going for Europe and then starting O'mahony and Offiah is an oxymoron
O’mypony and Offal more like. And yes, bizarre selections really.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Seems like the tactic for the rest of the season is rest up some of the first team regulars to avoid any long term injuries and to use the remaining time to develop our academy lads to see how they slot in - very obviously a much lower standard than our seasoned older players all watching on the bench. Hardly going to be a season defining from now on anyway.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I think he’s already checked out of the job. Isn’t there some contractual restriction or benefit to him meaning he’ll probably see out the season?

It’s as if the players have known this since Feb.

Checked out to go where? If a deal has been done already his new employer will be watching this thinking what the f*** have I done….

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
No, it wasn't me, but you're okay with only 3 wins in 2024? You don't think De Zerbi needs to change something?
The stats really are grim and add perspective surely, even for RDZ’s biggest advocates. This along with 6 wins in the last 25 games and our form being worse than only Luton and Sheff United from earlier in the thread really just sums it up. You can’t argue statistics.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
As for on the beach, the Bournemouth keeper might as well pop down the beach. We've given him absolutely nothing to do.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Seems like the tactic for the rest of the season is rest up some of the first team regulars to avoid any long term injuries and to use the remaining time to develop our academy lads to see how they slot in - very obviously a much lower standard than our seasoned older players all watching on the bench. Hardly going to be a season defining from now on anyway.
Bet TB is impressed with that at £2m a place in the Pl.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My baseless theory is that De Zerbi wants to walk but can't because we'd demand millions in compensation from anyone wanting to employ him for a while, and the players know it. That might not be the way it works as such, but surely he couldn't jack it in then be free to go wherever he likes for nowt.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up leaving by 'mutual consent' in the summer.
Surely if every place in the table is worth millions we’d be better off sacking after this game, and hoping to get some points from the last few to finish 11th? But yes, you could well be right. It looks and feels this. So typically us that someone could manage brilliantly and then so badly. So bad…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here