[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
De Zerbi plan a has been totally worked out by every team and plan b seems to have morphed into Potteball on its worst days without the ability to defend. So many of our big players haven’t had a good game for weeks. Adingra has been awful since Afcon, JP has done nothing since injury, everyone looks like they’re on the beach except Gilmour, Dunk, and Barco. The lack is of physicality in midfield is pathetic.
I would add Offiah to that list. He’s really giving 100%.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Confidence has gone and that’s down to the Manager not committing himself for next season.

Plus:
Our centre midfield is slow and shit.
No quality fullback cover for Estupinan and Veltman.

Glaring DM and FB deficiencies were pointed out by a load of NSC's last August, so not hindsight.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Remember last season, when every day brought a press story about how we would have to beware becoming the new Southampton, selling the family silver and falling down and out of the division. We all scoffed. "We're too well run" we all said. And then if you take away the first 7-8 fixtures of this campaign, you can see all those pundits maybe had a point.

This isn't a dig aimed at anybody within the club, because I don't know the first thing that happens behind the scenes. Just an observation that the Premier League is really bloody hard!!!
This is my take on it, selling all the family silver and replacing it with much inferior replacements. If Mitoma goes as being reported it could be a very long next season.

Mr Verbruggen meet Mr Igor, you play in the same team

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
How many times does Offiah need to be told to get up the pitch? Must have seen half a dozen so far. He's played ok but not where we need him. Givwes is no outlet on the right.
He looks like a kid who’s not sure what to do with the ball when he has it.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
cannot recall us being this bad since end of era hughton. in fact some of the performances are hyppia level

Whoa, whoa, you desecrate the name of Chris Hughton!!! You can kiss my LWGA arse. Shirley.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
he picked him!
He did, but that’s like you not being able to type suddenly. There are some things you cannot blame on a manger during the game. Igor fecked up twice then, to gift them a chance that Would look bad at any level never mind professional and PL at that!

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Absolutely - I know the season is ending with a whimper but how anyone can say that the journey to Europe was better than the reality of playing in it is beyond me. We topped a group involving three traditional European powerhouses winning the last 4 games ffs! 😅
Which season have you enjoyed more? This one or last...? It isn't ending with a whimper it's been shit since we started in Europe.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
One goal scored by our players from open play in more than eleven hours of football. We've conceded 16 in that time.

I think something might be wrong.
Lost the dressing room since that Fulham game ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports