Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
How long can we make the injuries excuse? Every other team has injuries!
It's part of the problem but not the whole story, clearly.

We have been, and continue to be, operating at far from full strength but that doesnt account for previously reliable players putting in less than stellar performances. Doesn't account for our manager coming across like a sullen toddler. Doesn't account for our terrible (again) record from set pieces, offensively and defensively.

Such a bizarre season. I'm genuinely staggered we're this poor.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Remember last season, when every day brought a press story about how we would have to beware becoming the new Southampton, selling the family silver and falling down and out of the division. We all scoffed. "We're too well run" we all said. And then if you take away the first 7-8 fixtures of this campaign, you can see all those pundits maybe had a point.

This isn't a dig aimed at anybody within the club, because I don't know the first thing that happens behind the scenes. Just an observation that the Premier League is really bloody hard!!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Possession is all well and good, but we have picked up a dogmatic adherence to possessing the ball which comes at the expense of any risk and adventure. If there is someone in front of you or you have the slightest doubt about getting past them, turn back and pass to someone open. There is always someone there or our players are so unwilling to be the one to drop the ball (so to speak) that we end up going precisely nowhere.
Totally this. Anyone NOT watching this ought to know we look absolutely hopeless. Bereft of any pace, ideas but not mistakes. Basic errors everywhere. RDZ not exactly happy!

RDZ literally going mad on the touchline, going to lamp someone soon

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
The commentator just described our football as tippy tappy nonsense
We are just so slow and almost waiting to then f*** it up and let Bournemouth get the ball. Just now a classic attack into defence via midfield calamity. This is embarrassing.
Possession is all well and good, but we have picked up a dogmatic adherence to possessing the ball which comes at the expense of any risk and adventure. If there is someone in front of you or you have the slightest doubt about getting past them, turn back and pass to someone open. There is always someone there or our players are so unwilling to be the one to drop the ball (so to speak) that we end up going precisely nowhere.

RDZ literally going mad on the touchline, going to lamp someone soon
Hopefully himself with a bit of luck

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No fight no passion what the f*** is going on
5 points from 18 from the last 6 matches and 12th in the table says it all... we have nothing to play for, not even pride at the moment !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're saying that, if every defender is shit, maybe the one who sets them up needs looking at.
Hang on, no manager can be blamed for the double calamity mistakes Igor made then. Entirely his bad. Not RDZ.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Basically Potter ball. Ineffective 80% of the time 20% the best football you ever saw.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
A manager who has given up. Unacceptable.

I think he may have given up against Man City but I believe he is extremely frustrated this match. That doesn't excuse the management deficiency and player issues.

hopefully a big wake up call for the board. to go from colwill to igor just summarises the downgrade in quality we’ve had this season. not that igor isn’t a decent player, i think he is, but he’s too slow, which is our big issue in defence, and progresses the ball through carries, when RDZ wants players who progress the ball through short passes. just incredibly lazy recruitment.

As discussed earlier, Igor is our second best signing of the season 😬

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here