Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
what a let off!

Igor just the latest ‘defender’ trading standards will be paying a visit to

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
But we didn't get caught on the break, it was a fuckin corner which I would have thought they practise defending in training occasionally.
Nooo, too low intensity in practising that. Better to go flat out in a rondo or something. And get some more injuries…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fucks sake…we can’t even take a throw in properly…

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking forward to some happy-clapper simpleton starting a thread after the match trying to rally the troops and urging everybody to Get A Grip :rolleyes:

"It's all about the journey, I'd bite your hand off for 12th in the PL when we played at Priestfield, living the dream with a PL win every 6 weeks"

The commentator just described our football as tippy tappy nonsense

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Possession is all well and good, but we have picked up a dogmatic adherence to possessing the ball which comes at the expense of any risk and adventure. If there is someone in front of you or you have the slightest doubt about getting past them, turn back and pass to someone open. There is always someone there or our players are so unwilling to be the one to drop the ball (so to speak) that we end up going precisely nowhere.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are just so slow and almost waiting to then f*** it up and let Bournemouth get the ball. Just now a classic attack into defence via midfield calamity. This is embarrassing.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
zero ideas and zero creativity. by the time we've decided what to do, they have 11 men behind the ball. speed it up a bit!!

That doesn't happen when you have to think hard about what to do.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I thought Igor had proven my early 'liability' thoughts wrong, recent displays suggest not.
hopefully a big wake up call for the board. to go from colwill to igor just summarises the downgrade in quality we’ve had this season. not that igor isn’t a decent player, i think he is, but he’s too slow, which is our big issue in defence, and progresses the ball through carries, when RDZ wants players who progress the ball through short passes. just incredibly lazy recruitment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here