Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hughtons last couple of months - but at that point we had low expectations generally.

Now we apparently we have a world class manager and an ‘exciting young team’ - but it’s been anything but for months now

But it wasn’t really ambivalence then as we needed points to stay up. With our current situation we could lose all our remaining games without scoring and it wouldn’t really matter.
Indeed. I am so ambivalent towards this game that I couldn't actually be arsed to argue.

Meh. Home win probably. Maybe a draw.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I've no new injury concerns today so I'm fully expecting to be able to find a fuzzy stream and join the dogs on the sofa for more Sunday afternoon entertainment.
As for the result, I've absolutely no idea how this one will go but Bournemouth have really plucked up under Irola who looks to be a very good manager.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We go again

City a free hit and gone

Today regardless of injuries we need to see the team fight and be an improvement of recent weeks

Draw wouldn’t be a disaster in the chase for top 10

Not confident

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m still gobsmacked we’re looking for a fourth consecutive win over them!

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I will be on the beach for this one and expect to return to find no change whatsoever !
Reminded me of one of my favourite lyrics (by the Macabees) 'I went into the changing room but when I came out, nothing had changed'

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Another meh performance, big loss and all the enthusiasm of the last days of CH! Going but can see an early leave with our normal 0 scoreline and BMuff out of sight at half time!
Apart from that....looking forward to it!🤣

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bournemouth are decent. They had a low point start to the season which they did not really deserve. They are now on a good run. The Arseholes.

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
Not sure what to expect today. Both sides missing some key players. About time we broke the run of defeats against you guys.

Our main problem is that we make loads of chances but don't put them away. Both Luton and Villa away a case in point - murdered them 1st half but didnt take our chances and ended up losing.

Motogull is right - we had a brutal run of fixtures to start with while players were still bedding into Iraola's style of play, yet we still played much better than the run of results suggested. One problem not being clinical in front of goal when on top.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I know Bournemouth have spent big bucks but their team has a few weak areas (right back, centre midfield). It shows how much injuries have decimated us that we are expecting to lose to them.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The chase for top 10 after spending the whole season in the top six or seven. Besides, the top 10 is meaningless.

I think it's a psychological thing for TB and PB. Plus each position higher is worth £2m.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Really? I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the stupidity of some of our fans, but that would be way beyond ridiculous.

True, perfect storm. An owner who won’t over pay over the odds in wages or fees, a manager who refuses to change his tactics regardless and an injury crisis that defies belief, yet still we SHOULD get 13th at worst. Calling for the manager’s head is daft…as long as he is still committed. If he’s not Tony will act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here