Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
bournemouth-png.164689
albion-png.164686

Bournemouth v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue:
Vitality Stadium
Date: Sunday 28th April 2024
Kick-off: 14:00 BST
Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Matthew Wilkes
Fourth Official: Michael Salisbury
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Additional VAR: Nick Hopton

TEAM NEWS

Bournemouth will be without defender Milos Kerkez, who is suspended after his red card against Wolves.

Head coach Andoni Iraola must decide whether to stick with goalkeeper Mark Travers, who made his first league appearance of the season in midweek, or recall Neto.

Brighton will monitor midfielders Billy Gilmour and James Milner.

Pervis Estupinan, Evan Ferguson, Jack Hinshelwood, Solly March and Kaoru Mitoma all remain sidelined.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brighton are aiming for a fourth consecutive win over Bournemouth.
  • The Seagulls are aiming to register consecutive league wins at Bournemouth for the first time since 1932.
Bournemouth
  • Bournemouth could equal their top-flight record of six consecutive home games without defeat, set between May and October 2018.
  • The Cherries need just two more points from their final four matches to surpass the club Premier League record of 46 set in 2016-17.
  • They have lost 27 of their 40 Premier League Sunday matches. At 67.5%, it's the highest loss rate for any team who have played 10 or more such fixtures.
  • Dominic Solanke could become the first Bournemouth player to score 10 top-flight home goals in a season.
  • Justin Kluivert has scored in his last two Premier League home appearances.
Albion
  • Brighton have won just six of their last 27 Premier League games (D11, L10) - since the start of this spell in September, only Burnley, Nottingham Forest, and Sheffield United have won fewer.
  • The Seagulls have won just two of their last 15 Premier League away matches (D5, L8). Those wins came against Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United.
  • Albion have failed to score in six of their 12 away fixtures in all competitions in 2024, as many times as they had in 49 games on the road in 2022 and 2023 combined.
  • Brighton could lose consecutive Premier League matches for just the second time under Roberto De Zerbi.
  • Danny Welbeck could make his 200th Premier League start.

Roberto De Zerbi's Bournemouth Press Conference

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I am expecting post match posts regretting that we didn’t sign Solanke after the ones mocking him in his first season at Bournemouth :smile:

I have given up expecting us to win games but I live in hope and will be watching on a stream.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
An unusual read...

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Based on our form and performances over the past few months I am quietly confident that we will lose and fail to score. I'm now almost resigned to finishing below Palace. My hopes (and dreams) are now focused on next season with all our injured players back.
Three points today would be miraculous and hugely enjoyable though..

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Based on our form and performances over the past few months I am quietly confident that we will lose and fail to score. I'm now almost resigned to finishing below Palace. My hopes (and dreams) are now focused on next season with all our injured players back.
Three points today would be miraculous and hugely enjoyable though..
This is where I'm at

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why did I bother going?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sunday 7:00 am alarm calls should be banned.
Good luck to anyone using their car park, cheap, convienient and takes at least 1.5 hours to get out of.
Don't forget the A27 is shut around Lancing eastbound. Hopefully open on our return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here