[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Struggled after our goal and Bournemouth will be disappointed to go in one down, another half like that and we'll be fortunate to win.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Decent enough performance by our high standards too. Just a bit too open at time ls esp down our left. Bmuff looking decent enough for a side down the bottom - battling well tbf…

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess it's my fault for mocking last night's 'entertainment', as I don't think we've been much better.

Too many players making to many simple mistakes.

I'd hoped the goal would calm them down sadly not.

Just gotta be thankful we're playing Bournemouth and not Jason Bourne.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Except for the Mitoma assist...
Quick pounce on a rebound, not a lot they could have done about that one.

Generally though, neither March nor Mitoma have been as influential so far this game as in recent ones. Credit to Bournemouth for that, lets hope it changes second half.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
We need to stop giving the ball away and stop the passes over the top which come to nothing of every time.
Yeah they work when they have a very high line but we're using it as our only outlet. It means Mitoma just doesn't touch the ball short at any time too as he's told to keep making runs

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
When we're 0-1 up in a game I'm not watching we can play like a team of startled sheep for all I care.
Exactly - who cares if it’s messy - results, results, results

managed to get a stream too just as we scored - 🙂

SanchoMitoma

Feb 13, 2023
Quick pounce on a rebound, not a lot they could have done about that one.

Generally though, neither March nor Mitoma have been as influential so far this game as in recent ones. Credit to Bournemouth for that, lets hope it changes second half.
You make it sound easier than it was, it all happened very fast and he didn’t cross it randomly, he put it right in Ferguson’s path. It’s good execution like this that separates winners from losers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First 28 mins we outclassed them.
Yes - I do wonder what some people see / expect etc etc. we’re the better football side but they’ve come right into it since we scored. Think we’ve been pretty good

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Delighted with that HT score considering we’ve not been at our best, passing not really on point so far.

I’ve never said this before but Veltman looks a bit of a concern tonight and a couple of dodgy moments from Dunk again.

Steele, Estupinan, Caicedo excellent and what more can you say about the boy wonder?! Stunning finish.
Bmuff have set a trap for us with Veltman.

Allowing him to advance 60 yards upfield over and over (never seen him so high up), then counter attacking with a speed merchant waiting on their left at the half way line.

Interesting to see if RDZ has noticed and is bothered.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Delighted with that HT score considering we’ve not been at our best, passing not really on point so far.

I’ve never said this before but Veltman looks a bit of a concern tonight and a couple of dodgy moments from Dunk again.

Steele, Estupinan, Caicedo excellent and what more can you say about the boy wonder?! Stunning finish.
I was thinking the same. A rarity indeed.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Pascal Gross has been terrible. I know he's bloody slow but he's not even attempting to run. He's lost us possession too many times. Needs to wake up or come off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports