[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Oh - it's Ramadan. Couldn't they have done it just before kick-off? Have I missed something?
It seems as though the time to break the fast was the same time as kick off so maybe it was agreed that they could at the first stoppage, so they’ve done it at the same time the ref had a comms issue.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
So why not an 8pm kick off?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone with any stream luck? No luck with that one posted earlier.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks all for the Ramadan explanations. Something I really wasn't aware of!
Ramadan occurs during the ninth month of the Islamic calendar (which is a lunar calendar). Muslims fast from when the crescent moon rises over Mecca, until the next crescent moon. Which is about 29 to 30 days.

They take no water or food during sunrise to sunset, so will wake around 03:00 for food, then prayers and probably get a couple more hours sleep before dawn. They break their fast again at sunset. A time of community, charity, prayer and learning.

A really nice part of their faith I think.

I learned today, that because the lunar calendar is 345 days (11 days shorter than the solar calendar), Ramadan moves every year. In 2033 Eid Al Fitr (final day of Ramadan - the festival of sweets) will land on Christmas Day. So that will be brilliant for Muslims living in the west.

Anyway, lesson over for today folks x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports