[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
After some of the posts don't think I'll bother getting in my car.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Looked good in his cameo the other day and wirh Sarmiento out he looks next in line. Was good to see him shrugging off challenges and getting involved. Looked a bit lightweight early doors.
I always thought the same, but after seeing him not getting knocked off the ball a few times thought perhaps it's just his genial, slightly goofy demeanour that made him look lightweight. And that haircut.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I dislike Bournemouth for the pettiest of reasons.

Growing up as a kid, pre-internet, my Albion highlights were limited to the briefest of clips on the local news, with us being horribly shit at the bottom of Division 3. Andy f***ing Steggal with his irritating hair smugly presented. Bastard.

Bournemouth got a full minute sometimes, we’d get ten seconds - if we won. Which was rare.

I told you it was petty!
Don't knock the Steggall. Friend and I still use one of his post game summaries, 'Awesome, great stuff.'

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They did some good business in January and were unlucky to go away from the Amex with nothing. I gather they will be Brentford-esque and park the bus then hit us with quick counters.

Were drawer I think.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Reportedly,
if Mitoma scores or assists tonight, he will become the first Seagulls player in Premier League history to register a goal involvement in five successive matches.

Here is the quote of the article.

M1.PNG

M2.PNG

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Caicedo, Estupinan and Sarmiento went to Australia with Ecuador.
and Sarmiento got a broken foot for his trouble!
fantastic isn't it, for 2 totally meaningless fixtures on the other side of the world whilst you are chasing millions of pounds in your domestic competition ....whoever dreams these fixtures up needs a kick in the head

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
So, if tonight is a "must win", that means even if we get a draw then the rest of our EPL season is a write-off? 11 dead rubbers to follow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Despite the result, Bournemouth, at the Amex, impressed me more than other recent opponents including both Fulham and Brentford. I said at the time that I saw them having a decent chance of avoiding the drop.

They've since gone on to draw with Newcastle, win at Wolves, lose narrowly at Arsenal having been two up, beat Liverpool and come from behind to beat Fulham.

It's a tough, tough game tonight.
Agreed, they looked very quick on the break and dangerous with it. The two most threatening players had only just signed too I think.

Banana skin

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Won't be easy, the recent win at the Amex showed they are hard to break down. Will also resort to dark arts to slow the game down.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Thought that Bournemouth gave us a very close game at the Amex so i expect this will be difficult tonight and would take a draw if offered now.

In the last fixture we didn't have Caicedo or Mac A so hopefully they make the difference as Billing bullied our players all over the pitch.
When Ali Mac was asked about the Bournemouth home game he said "But I wasn't playing in that game". I don't think he was being arrogant, he is just at a stage where he knows he can have a positive impact on a game. I loved the comment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not much optimism for tonight then.
I'm hopeful - we're a better team than they are on the day.

However, I don't expect it to be simply a case of rocking up, picking up the three points and heading back to Sussex. I expect it to be a lot more difficult than that.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yeah, put me down as another expecting a tough game. Their results and performances have been decent recently. They looked a well organised and hard working side that with more clinical finishing could have got a result against us at the Amex.

That said, we are where we are for a reason. We're an excellent team. If we play at our best we'll win. If we don't then we could quite easily come away with nothing.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just checked their fixtures. Home games to West Ham, Leeds, Chelsea & Man Utd.
Only one of those teams are above us but which games could B'Muff win?
If you're saying none or only Leeds then why are we not expecting a win today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports