[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm happy now because Brighton won but now I can't stop thinking "if". Now Brighton is 6th with 46 points. But it should be 4th with 50 points by now if Estupinan goal was accepted (I can't remember which game it was, but it was actually not offside and his goal was not accepted by the referee in a game a few months ago :poop: ) and if Brighton won last weekend's game with 33 shots:rolleyes:
'If's and but's' do tend to even out, over a season. I think we're exactly where we deserve to be, currently, and I'm as excited as f*** for the remainder of the season.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'm happy now because Brighton won but now I can't stop thinking "if". Now Brighton is 6th with 46 points. But it should be 4th with 50 points by now if Estupinan goal was accepted (I can't remember which game it was, but it was actually not offside and his goal was not accepted by the referee in a game a few months ago :poop: ) and if Brighton won last weekend's game with 33 shots:rolleyes:
Never worry about the ifs.
Also, get some sleep.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Massive win and 3 points in the bag. Bmuff had a really good chance to equalise but really that was it from them. Not our best game but a win is a win. Hopefully not bad injuries to our boys tonight and are ok to play against spuds. :albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Phew....

Yep, got to say, Bournemouth looked way better than their current position indicates, and certainly gave us too many 'moment's.

Yes.

Just shows that no matter where you are in the table, there's not a huge difference between any team....although we do seem a little better than most. ;)

The thing is, I often think there's a big difference between us and other teams (Palace away, Fulham and Brentford at home - games we haven't won) and today was a lot closer was more of a one off. I'm not actually sure if it was Bournemouth upping their game or us dropping off, or a bit of both.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton goalkeeper Jason Steele speaking to Sky Sports: "We played a really good game, we knew it would be difficult, Bournemouth have had positive results at home. But overall we deserved to win."

On the clean sheet: "I can't speak highly enough of the guys in front. On Saturday we conceded three soft goals, to bounce back was a team effort."

On Julio Enciso: "We've got some young players in the squad who have enormous talent. I'm an elder statement to help guide him. For Julio as a 19 year old to come from South America he has done so well, adapted well and so pleased he gets a goal.

On Roberto De Zerbi: "I love to play for this boss, the way he plays football, if you don't enjoy that you might as well not be out there."

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
RDZ on Radio Sussex, saying that the injuries won't be an issue for the weekend and hopefully both players will be involved (I think that was what he said - only half heard it!)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Every team in the world will have 'if' moments like that over a season. If Bournemouth take one of their good chances they might have gone on to win tonight. If we didn't get a late penalty the other day we lose. Etc. 'If' works the other way too

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely buzzing!
I dread to think how many times I’m going to watch that Enciso goal! Can’t stop smiling about it!

When faced with the experienced goalie, the kid looked like he was taking the p, nonchalantly able to tuck away either side. It was the goalie who looked nervous.

Same here, will take awhile to be able to sleep :)

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi speaking to Match of the Day: "It was a great game, a great win. A very difficult game, but I liked the big performance of my players.

"We made too many mistakes, we could have scored more goals. But we won, I am really pleased."

On why Brighton have such a good away record: "In terms of quality of performances, they are same home and away. Maybe there is more space, my players are fantastic because they have character to play away like they do at home.

"We have to keep our mentality and humility, but we want to dream and to try to achieve Europe."

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
When faced with the experienced goalie, the kid looked like he was taking the p, nonchalantly able to tuck away either side. It was the goalie who looked nervous.

Same here, will take awhile to be able to sleep :)
Yep same. Soaking up the post match reaction and radio - 5 live atm. Will be a late night but well worth it reflecting on an insane season so far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports