Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Looked a nasty one on his foot, delicate things your feet with all the tendons and bones in there. I imagine if @Napper stubs his toe he just politely smiles and walks on thinking 'that smarted a bit'.

@Stat Brother will tell you, we're bereft of anyone to start threads on at present for not being good enough, or subject to criticism. Some people are lost by it. Random comments and threads are bound to occur. Next could be Mitoma's socks being pulled to far over his knees, Steele's haircut, or even the Gaffer's trainers. Watch this space.
Yeah sorry it wasn't directed at you in general, I worded it badly. You have an excellent forum and of course random people have differing thoughts. English football has a tendency to try and remain "the last bastion against playacting on the pitch", which is admirable, but sometimes some fans and commentators take it a bit too far in their eagerness to have a resolute stance on it.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
English fans, sometimes I don't understand them. I had your game on a smaller screen when watching ours last night, and when Caicedo went down it was actually a hard watch that completely tore me from our own very important match, because you could actually hear the boy crying from the microphones, and he kept crying. That's why all the teammates went to him and the opponents didn't protest with the referee. He was legitimately in pain and he believed it to be a serious injury - which I thought as well, and I feared he would be out for important matches in this critical stretch of the season. That's why they brought out the stretcher. Apparently the medics managed to see that it wasn't so grim and reassure him enough that he calmed down and managed to hobble off, but he wasn't faking anything at any point.
It goes back to when at some point in time a lot of us played Sunday league. After duly getting pissed out of you mind the night before, getting in from a nightclub
at 2.30 am one was expected to carry off your own severed leg yourself with out so much of a whimper.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Looked a nasty one on his foot, delicate things your feet with all the tendons and bones in there. I imagine if @Napper stubs his toe he just politely smiles and walks on thinking 'that smarted a bit'.

@Stat Brother will tell you, we're bereft of anyone to start threads on at present for not being good enough, or subject to criticism. Some people are lost by it. Random comments and threads are bound to occur. Next could be Mitoma's socks being pulled to far over his knees, Steele's haircut, or even the Gaffer's trainers. Watch this space.
That haircut IS a bit daft though :p

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
English fans, sometimes I don't understand them. I had your game on a smaller screen when watching ours last night, and when Caicedo went down it was actually a hard watch that completely tore me from our own very important match, because you could actually hear the boy crying from the microphones, and he kept crying. That's why all the teammates went to him and the opponents didn't protest with the referee. He was legitimately in pain and he believed it to be a serious injury - which I thought as well, and I feared he would be out for important matches in this critical stretch of the season. That's why they brought out the stretcher. Apparently the medics managed to see that it wasn't so grim and reassure him enough that he calmed down and managed to hobble off, but he wasn't faking anything at any point.
Caicedo's had a couple of these this season. In the first game of the season at Old Trafford I was there and he went down heavily after a challenge and just looked done. I remember turning to my son and our mate and saying "that looks nasty, if he's out for a long time that's our season in trouble". Or perhaps some stronger words. I was convinced it was a muscular tear.

Anyway, after a rest and a bit of treatment it turned out to be an impact injury and he got up and carried on (and was brilliant). The boy is hard as nails but he goes down hard and gets back up even harder.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Steele's haircut though. Jesus. What is one of those? I wouldn't swap my grey balding bonce for one of those and I'm really sad about losing my hair. Why would anyone do that?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There was quite a bit earlier on though!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Quick grammar interjection.

The correct word to describe when somebody is bored or unengaged is uninterested.

Disinterested actually describes the position of being unbiased or impartial, so as to say you have no personal interest in a situation.

Apologies for the gratuitous pedantry. It’s just I got picked up for the incorrect use of disinterested once and now it really bugs me.
:ROFLMAO:
so as to say you have no personal interest in a situation. - thats what it looked like

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Steele's haircut though. Jesus. What is one of those? I wouldn't swap my grey balding bonce for one of those and I'm really sad about losing my hair. Why would anyone do that?
Don't try to understand younger generations hair, though I agree it does seem like men are spending more money than ever before on obtaining increasingly objectionable barnets.
Do what I try to do. Quietly tell yourself "it's not for me" and move on.
What I actually do is start to corpse when I glance through a barbers window and barely make it out of view before I have to lean my head against a wall until the tears of laughter stop.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Don't try to understand younger generations hair, though I agree it does seem like men are spending more money than ever before on obtaining increasingly objectionable barnets.
Do what I try to do. Quietly tell yourself "it's not for me" and move on.
What I actually do is start to corpse when I glance through a barbers window and barely make it out of view before I have to lean my head against a wall until the tears of laughter stop.
He had a hair transplant so is utilising it to maximum effect, something I would have done several years ago, now I don’t care, I’m too old to care.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be fair to the fella, he's gone from being "an ideal number 2" just having to go through the motions in training and try his best in cup games to being a starter for a high-performing Premier League side pushing for Europe.

You'd probably want to smarten up your image, even if there's a risk that you'll look back in 10 years time and think "what was that haircut all about?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here