Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last rant for the night - if you don’t bring GM on when you are getting stuffed, why have him on the bench. I’m sure he would have done more than Trossard did, and maybe March and Connerly too.

Potter whilst sucking through his teeth will give a bollox interview will **** all content as usual.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We did score, the first 2 goals killed us being against the run of play.

I can't believe the amount of fans thinking that both goals were against the run of play. Before they scored the first, they d just had 3 decent efforts from poor defending from us. Yes we had all the possession before that but they did more in those 5 mins before they scored than we did with all our fecking possession up to that point. They didn't score against the run of play ffs! Howe just did his homework and knew to sit deep to begin with and let us have the ball as he knew we'd struggle to do anything with it

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Or spent that lot on one real quality striker

Which quality striker would that be ?

And which striker that would cost £60-70million would even consider joining Brighton?

I will repeat again - people do not appreciate how difficult it is to sign players that are good enough to play in the PL - it is a hit and miss exercise, even for the biggest clubs.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Is it that Potter doesn't know what his best starting 11 are or that he's believing his own hype that team selection is unpredictable because he has a master plan? We don't need a tinker-man. A change at half-time (system or personnel) would have been sensible given 2-0 down, with one or two subs held back for later.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Blaming Webster etc isn’t the real reason we are so poor, we shipped out two strikers and gave Potter Maupay one Academy kid and a past it 38 yr old. On top against most sides for large periods can’t score. Potters tactics work mostly we just don’t have any quality to put the ball in the net.

I have sympathy with the argument that Potter isn't blessed with quality forwards. The first half sums up the problems neatly. We spent 30 minutes looking pretty but powder puff in the final third, bar one chance (Mooy to Maupay, saved). The AFCB pressed and took over for 10 mins. In that time, they scored 2 and should have had another 2.

So on the one hand, we don't have the firepower to take advantage of our long spells of control. On the other, when we lose control, our defence turns to complete shit. It was laughable, for 10 mins they looked like pub players up against Man City. Even against Villa, the pattern wasn't too dissimilar, except Villa's forwards are even worse than Bournemouth's.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That really is a shocking amount of money. Would add Andone to that list as well. Only Bissouma i would not include because i still believe he is class given a run in the team.:ohmy:

Potter doesn't seem to fancy him though, even though our midfield is so desperately bloody slow.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another point for those who say our defence and non use of Murray is the problem.

After the same amount of matches last year, with the famed Duffy and Dunk combination, we had conceded two more goals than we have now. This was before it all went tits up. We had scored the same amount of goals.

The standard has clearly risen this year. The standard of our squad hasn't.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Potter whilst sucking through his teeth will give a bollox interview will **** all content as usual.

yup, he seems to be able to state the bleeding obvious, telling us all the things you shouldn’t do in the Premier, all the things you should do in the Premier ...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Last rant for the night - if you don’t bring GM on when you are getting stuffed, why have him on the bench. I’m sure he would have done more than Trossard did, and maybe March and Connerly too.

NBC commentator said exactly that, what’s the point in having Murray on the bench if you’re two goals down and need a change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can't believe the amount of fans thinking that both goals were against the run of play. Before they scored the first, they d just had 3 decent efforts from poor defending from us. Yes we had all the possession before that but they did more in those 5 mins before they scored than we did with all our fecking possession up to that point. They didn't score against the run of play ffs! Howe just did his homework and knew to sit deep to begin with and let us have the ball as he knew we'd struggle to do anything with it
Bournemouth scored - twice in quick time, unfortunately - against the run of play. Why try and pretend it wasn't?

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Big Sam? You mean the one who was so greedy for money when England manager that he fell for a setup by an investigative reporter? And you'd want him as Albion manager? Do you not think that his lack of professionalism (to put it mildly) and integrity rather excludes him from a senior role in management of any club?

It was evident to me that essentially we seemed to lack a goalscorerer upfront this evening. Yeah, I know Maupay had one brilliantly saved but given the amount of possession in the first half there seemed to be a dearth of shots on goal.Would Glenn have done better? I was stunned at the speed with which Bmuff ripped apart the Albion defence. Seemed to me that the fault lay with the midfield.

And me.

I don't think we can play both Stephens and Propper at the same time, one or the other for me.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have sympathy with the argument that Potter isn't blessed with quality forwards. The first half sums up the problems neatly. We spent 30 minutes looking pretty but powder puff in the final third, bar one chance (Mooy to Maupay, saved). The AFCB pressed and took over for 10 mins. In that time, they scored 2 and should have had another 2.

So on the one hand, we don't have the firepower to take advantage of our long spells of control. On the other, when we lose control, our defence turns to complete shit. It was laughable, for 10 mins they looked like pub players up against Man City. Even against Villa, the pattern wasn't too dissimilar, except Villa's forwards are even worse than Bournemouth's.
Yep spot on one ball over the top and we turn to mush, personally think Webster would make a better midfielder then again I’m not a coach or a manager.

D

Deleted member 2719

Okay, I had forgotten those because they didn't hit the target!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bournemouth scored - twice in quick time, unfortunately - against the run of play. Why try and pretend it wasn't?

But it wasnt? Bournemouth were looking dangerous before they scored whilst we knocked the ball about but never looked like sticking it away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here