Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I see the Albion’s ascent as gradual, and I would imagine that TB does too. Currently trying to chisel out results against often better teams, on a match by match basis.

Our squad lacks a complete midfield able to control games, whereas clubs like Wolves, Bmuff, Leicester, Everton and Watford have that in place for various reasons (usually money, or sometimes a dodgy relationship with a super agent) ... a bunch of quality midfielders and creators.

If we stay up again, I see the club working towards that too.

Yep

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was anyone near the goal end against the stand there was a massive row between two blokes in the 2nd half who bizarrely both had green away shirts on, they were at the back of the stand

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A relegation battle was what we expected pre-season, it is quite likely to still happen. Was anyone really fooled by the table a couple of weeks ago? At least we have a few points in the bag.

This is the reality of the situation.

It's a scrap at the bottom and everyone has a bad run.
We're unlikely to finish near the top ten, other teams are simply better than us but there's no shame in it, it's all about building and improving each season.

The good thing is we have points on the board, we could probably lose the next 6 games and still not be in the bottom 3.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It's a massive worry when you look at our next 6 games. We might get a point at West Ham or Everton if we are lucky, but we could be sitting here in 6 games time still on 21 points, which would mean 9 loses in a row. That would take us from a comfortable mid table position, to just outside the relegation zone.
Before I get accused of bed wetting, I am just being realistic about the situation. We are definitely a better team than we were last season, and I still think we have a better chance of survival than some others, but we need to start picking up points again soon, or the confidence will start to fade and the rot sets in.
Having said that, who knows, we might stuff Arsenal and Man U again? Gotta love being in the PL!

That's true but February looks more promising... things could be a lot worse i.e not having 21 points and still having to go through January. Its fine margins really, should have perhaps got a draw against Chelsea HAD we gone for it. From what people say about yesterdays game it was not a bad performance (at least first half). It was always going to be tough this year .If we stay then there will be another £100million to strengthen.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Out of interest, I wonder how many Boxing Day games Dunk has been banned from playing.
I think it has been a few over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here