Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The Anti- Barnes brigade will not like you for that sentence

The only person here making any comments about Barnes in any kind of negative manner is yourself by trying to bait people into saying negative things about him, shut up and join everyone else is recognising his performance today.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A good point.

Win Tuesday, and we'll be right amongst it, with several key players to come back.

Bridcutt needs to start Tuesday, possibly Orlandi too. I thought JFC wasn't great today, nor Dave. We also need some pace out wide, how far away is Buckley?

With the injuries we've had, to be where we are, is a great achievement form OG and the players.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
A good point.

Win Tuesday, and we'll be right amongst it, with several key players to come back.

Bridcutt needs to start Tuesday, possibly Orlandi too. I thought JFC wasn't great today, nor Dave. We also need some pace out wide, how far away is Buckley?

With the injuries we've had, to be where we are, is a great achievement form OG and the players.
i would leave orlandi on the bench as i dont think hes ready to start

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
The Anti- Barnes brigade will not like you for that sentence

True - or they'll say that he did well today.

But what they won't acknowledge is the FACT that he has matured into a vital team player and points winner for us while the rest of our strikers are stricken. Without Ulloa and CMS, Barnes has been great at leading the line - our position in the league is testament to that.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
i would leave orlandi on the bench as i dont think hes ready to start

Fair point but he looked short of match fitness to me - that extra sharpness. He won't get that back sitting on the bench.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The only person here making any comments about Barnes in any kind of negative manner is yourself by trying to bait people into saying negative things about him, shut up and join everyone else is recognising his performance today.

At least it stops your negative views against him all the time

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think he is more ready than Lopez?

Unfortunately I think you're right. Lopez can be a fantastic player but his season is slow to take off. The return of Orlandi and Bridcutt might see his game improve-hope so because he will be/could be vital to us.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
watching arsenal now, and in comparison ALL our passes seem massively over heavy..........Crofts, Greer, and Upson key culprits - they seem to blast the ball at team mates shins, or over cook it down the line to go out.

but hey, arsenal have a team worth zillions, so i guess that's what you pay for....decent passers.....but just seems our passing has got worse under OG.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
watching arsenal now, and in comparison ALL our passes seem massively over heavy..........Crofts, Greer, and Upson key culprits - they seem to blast the ball at team mates shins, or over cook it down the line to go out.

but hey, arsenal have a team worth zillions, so i guess that's what you pay for....decent passers.....but just seems our passing has got worse under OG.

Unless you are actually playing on the pitch you don't know what the playing surface is like. It certainly didn't look in pristine condition.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Maybe its because Oscar want's us to get it forward quicker which the team are still coming to terms with after the safety 1st regime under Poyet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here