Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK team news

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder whether Moder could play right back if needed. Not tomorrow obviously but if needed for EPL game.
Milner being fit would help. No news re Pervis.
We need another left back in Jan.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We should start Mark O Mahony. I get that RDZ really likes players to know the system but surely a centre forwards job is more straight forward.

If we lose Ferguson or Joao Pedro we are in season over category.
We really shouldn't. In order to be eligible to appear on the B squad list a player has to have been with the club for two years (or three if they have had a spell out on loan). O'Mahony only joined the club in January.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There will be (probably be) about 4 or so u21s / Academy players on the bench.

of which probably it will be some / all of

Leigh Kavanagh is a centre back
Ben Jackson is a centre back
Josh Duffus is attacking mid
Mark O Mahony is a centre forward
O'Mahony isn't eligible.

The outfield U-21s out in Greece who have been pictured are Ben Jackson, Leigh Kavanagh, Jack Hinchy, Samy Chouchane and Josh Duffus (well, plus Jack Hinshelwood of course, but I think we have to call him first-team squad at this point).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He certainly didn't when Walsall scored their second in the EFL Trophy - to the extent that I felt the need to post THREE screenshots of his extraordinary "defending".
Young player makes a mistake - hold the front page! It doesn't make him a bad player all the time!
I hope he is nowhere near Greece as he isn't eligible to play.
Well, 'not eligible' is a good reason for not playing him. I'm guessing it must be because he's of an age now where he has to be named in the squad? I wonder why somebody couldn't have just posted that when I asked the question!

Edit: no, not age - he's only 20. Must be the same reason as O'Mahoney. Last sentence above still applies!

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I wonder whether Moder could play right back if needed. Not tomorrow obviously but if needed for EPL game.
And a right back and maybe even a winger

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We really shouldn't. In order to be eligible to appear on the B squad list a player has to have been with the club for two years (or three if they have had a spell out on loan). O'Mahony only joined the club in January.
Ah didn’t realise that. In that case I think he is an option we should start utilising in the PL as cover.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Milner is fit or at least was warming up on the club training video in the AEK stadium. Pervis confirmed as out “long term”. (But no other detail)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We should start Mark O Mahony. I get that RDZ really likes players to know the system but surely a centre forwards job is more straight forward.

If we lose Ferguson or Joao Pedro we are in season over category.
We could just as easily lose Ferguson or Joao Pedro in a league game and it would have the same impact. Do we not play them in those games either?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So updated squad - thanks to @AZ Gull for the u21 nods.

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman, Igor, Dunk, Milner
Hinshelwood, Dahoud, Gilmour, Gross, Baleba
Mitoma, Adingra, Buonanotte, Lallana,
Pedro, Ferguson

U21s: Hinchy, Chouchane, Kavanagh, Jackson, Duffus

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here