[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
DSC_1205.JPG

Protest in the road at Syntagma Square currently ( just around the corner from coach pick up point), road is closed in both directions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just strolled down to the stadium, less than 20 mins from the hotel…….not much directly around it, couple of food wagons on the outside concourse and a lot of barriers being put up.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So how was the Block 8 experience for those that took that plunge?

Was expecting to see a raft of people waiting after the match there. Presume one of the guys that climbed across round the screen (gave me a heart murmur watching that) was one of the Block 8ers?

Willie

Sep 3, 2023

Was expecting to see a raft of people waiting after the match there. Presume one of the guys that climbed across round the screen (gave me a heart murmur watching that) was one of the Block 8ers?
It was an incredibly memorable experience. God knows where in Athens we would have watched the match if we didn't get the tickets.

The noise was like nothing I've heard before. To be in the middle of so many passionate fans was magical, quite intoxicating. I felt like joining in a couple of times.

120 euros did seem a lot for what was a normal seat, there was nothing VIP about it but then an AEK fan told us his seat was 400 euros for their home 3 European home games. He said it was to pay for the new stadium.

Other than towards the few Brighton fans who perhaps overly celebrated there was no trouble and most reported friendly interactions.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It was an incredibly memorable experience. God knows where in Athens we would have watched the match if we didn't get the tickets.

The noise was like nothing I've heard before. To be in the middle of so many passionate fans was magical, quite intoxicating. I felt like joining in a couple of times.

120 euros did seem a lot for what was a normal seat, there was nothing VIP about it but then an AEK fan told us his seat was 400 euros for their home 3 European home games. He said it was to pay for the new stadium.

Other than towards the few Brighton fans who perhaps overly celebrated there was no trouble and most reported friendly interactions.
Excellent, must have been interesting in there! The whistling was defening from the away end. Do they teach it in school I wonder?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Could have been my mate that, said the tear gas wasn't great but otherwise was fine.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex

The Athens Sports Bar had a lot of Brighton in according to my wife.

Personally, a game I will never forget.
Such a special night.
Loved everybody pouring out the coaches in unison at the Panathenaic Stadium.

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
Well... one week ago today, I was sitting in a lovely rooftop cafe in Athens with my son, tucking into a wonderful three-course breakfast, the Acropolis to my right and the sun-drenched rooftops of Athens to my left. Both of us beaming and reflecting on a trip of a lifetime and the incredible experience at the game the night before. I am still totally buzzing and just elated from the Athens trip. Walking round my house constantly humming.. "We've got super Rob de Zerbi.."

The whole trip was just amazing and one myself and my lucky 17 year old son will cherish forever. Does anyone still feel this way? There are so many fantastic highlights but I think most of all it was just superb to meet so many BHA out there. Every cafe, bar, restaurant, plane trip, metro ride, we got chatting and befriended our lot – wonderful people all having the best time ever. Biggest smiles on their faces, swapping hilarious drunken tales and soaking up the stunning weather. Big shout outs to; Sam, Calum, Louis (Louis's Dad...Philip? sorry alcoholic amnesia), Levi, Lewis and George, Levi's parents (Martin and Levi's Mum who's name I've also shockingly lost to alcohol damage... sorry) and Mark on the Aegean plane back. All the lads and lasses back at Bretos bar... a pleasure to meet you all! I've come back in no doubt that our fans are the best in Britain/Europe ; -)

As for Athens, well – what a f***ing cool / vibrant city. It would have been a stunning city break anyway even without THAT game. 20 degrees in December, bedecked in Xmas lights and the local hospitality (tear gas apart) was outstanding as always from our Greek friends. I could go on and on (I won't). All in all, it's peak Albion (so far) for me and that's going back 45+ years of memories. One of the best weekends of my life – just wished I'd forced myself to the FBS gig too.

Anyway, this is a very long post as it's my first in over 20 years! Thanks to @Bozza for unblocking me from the random (and mistaken I might add) ban I received sometime in 2003. Only just got round to appealing haha. Hopefully will be contributing more on 'ere in the future. UTA!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Well... one week ago today, I was sitting in a lovely rooftop cafe in Athens with my son, tucking into a wonderful three-course breakfast, the Acropolis to my right and the sun-drenched rooftops of Athens to my left. Both of us beaming and reflecting on a trip of a lifetime and the incredible experience at the game the night before. I am still totally buzzing and just elated from the Athens trip. Walking round my house constantly humming.. "We've got super Rob de Zerbi.."

The whole trip was just amazing and one myself and my lucky 17 year old son will cherish forever. Does anyone still feel this way? There are so many fantastic highlights but I think most of all it was just superb to meet so many BHA out there. Every cafe, bar, restaurant, plane trip, metro ride, we got chatting and befriended our lot – wonderful people all having the best time ever. Biggest smiles on their faces, swapping hilarious drunken tales and soaking up the stunning weather. Big shout outs to; Sam, Calum, Louis (Louis's Dad...Philip? sorry alcoholic amnesia), Levi, Lewis and George, Levi's parents (Martin and Levi's Mum who's name I've also shockingly lost to alcohol damage... sorry) and Mark on the Aegean plane back. All the lads and lasses back at Bretos bar... a pleasure to meet you all! I've come back in no doubt that our fans are the best in Britain/Europe ; -)

As for Athens, well – what a f***ing cool / vibrant city. It would have been a stunning city break anyway even without THAT game. 20 degrees in December, bedecked in Xmas lights and the local hospitality (tear gas apart) was outstanding as always from our Greek friends. I could go on and on (I won't). All in all, it's peak Albion (so far) for me and that's going back 45+ years of memories. One of the best weekends of my life – just wished I'd forced myself to the FBS gig too.

Anyway, this is a very long post as it's my first in over 20 years! Thanks to @Bozza for unblocking me from the random (and mistaken I might add) ban I received sometime in 2003. Only just got round to appealing haha. Hopefully will be contributing more on 'ere in the future. UTA!
Yeah, hard to disagree with any of that. By far my favourite Albion away day EVER. Great city, great atmosphere, feel absolutely privileged that I was able to be there with my old man.

I had a watch back on TNT and was astounded to realise that if you weren't in the ground you didn't get to see any of that post-match wonderfulness. The celebrations at the end were incredible and I've never been in an Albion crowd like that. Brought both me and my dad to tears (before then getting tear gassed). Those scenes will live with me forever. Pascal Gross sprinting across the pitch at full time to go absolutely mental with the fans. Jack Hinshelwood having to be told to listen to the away end a bit closer by Dunk because he couldn't quite believe we were chanting his name. JPVH going full John Terry and running on the pitch out of nowhere to lead the celebrations. Such a shame that TNT didn't show it at home because it was magic.

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
Probably the best of the three games. I made a video on Instagram documenting the trip, which about sums it up in 1:30. Truly an unforgettable experience. Surreal really after growing up watching us play Rochdale, to watch us win in Athens followed by a Fat Boy Slim gig.

This is wonderful... thanks for sharing. Brings it all back.

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
Yeah, hard to disagree with any of that. By far my favourite Albion away day EVER. Great city, great atmosphere, feel absolutely privileged that I was able to be there with my old man.

I had a watch back on TNT and was astounded to realise that if you weren't in the ground you didn't get to see any of that post-match wonderfulness. The celebrations at the end were incredible and I've never been in an Albion crowd like that. Brought both me and my dad to tears (before then getting tear gassed). Those scenes will live with me forever. Pascal Gross sprinting across the pitch at full time to go absolutely mental with the fans. Jack Hinshelwood having to be told to listen to the away end a bit closer by Dunk because he couldn't quite believe we were chanting his name. JPVH going full John Terry and running on the pitch out of nowhere to lead the celebrations. Such a shame that TNT didn't show it at home because it was magic.
100%. We were incredibly loud.. reminded me of QPR away when we knew we were going up. Just sheer unbridled joy. Good job we were loud too as I see the AEK lot clocked 103 decibels (cheers DannyLast). Was at Forest the week before too and thought that was pretty epic too.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
100%. We were incredibly loud.. reminded me of QPR away when we knew we were going up. Just sheer unbridled joy. Good job we were loud too as I see the AEK lot clocked 103 decibels (cheers DannyLast). Was at Forest the week before too and thought that was pretty epic too.
I think it was better than QPR. More unbelievable. Players looked genuinely as happy as us at the end of the Athens game. Completely in sync. Not something you ever really imagine saying in modern football.

My Apple Watch clocked 119 decibels at the end of the game apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports