Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where does this 4 hours come from?

The buses won't be leaving till after 16:00 and kick off is 18:45.

The most it's going to be is 2 hours and that's being generous.
19:45 kick-off, local time. Athens is two hours ahead of GMT.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I guess some folk going to Athens might want to take in sites and go on a minotaur. Give us a wave if theseus.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The taxi driver from the airport Sunday evening charged 57€ which I'm certain was pricey but he was such good company, explaining why Albion should stuff AEK (he was a Panathanaikos fan) plus the fact we were stuck in a huge traffic jam for nearly 30 mins, meant I didn't begrudge it. We also covered the Elgin Marbles, COVID, Ukraine, Christmas starting too early, and Hamas. Like taxi drivers everywhere, he had an opinion on everything.
I read its a set fee?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Notice the wording has changed to MUST take the buses to the stadium. They're expecting us to get buses almost 4 hours before kick off, for some bizarre reason, which IMO is ridiculous, especially with no alcohol or anything to do in the stadium. Guess a bottle of Raki, before you get on this bus is the only route now.
Exactly not happening

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Notice the wording has changed to MUST take the buses to the stadium. They're expecting us to get buses almost 4 hours before kick off, for some bizarre reason, which IMO is ridiculous, especially with no alcohol or anything to do in the stadium. Guess a bottle of Raki, before you get on this bus is the only route now.
On the ticket pick up email. There's a travel advice link, says last updated 7th Nov, and adds "for your safety and security we advise......."

Anyway, picked hotel quite near and walking distance to ground and not traveling the opposite direction on metro, to get a bus that arrives 3 hours early.

Its not reasonable imho.

SeagullMike

Sep 14, 2023
Warwickshire
Hello fellow Seagulls :)

I’m pretty certain I’ll be the only one on this particular travel itinerary, but:
Outbound 7am 28/11 LHR on SwissAir via Geneva;
Staying at Athens Backpackers;
Return 3pm 2/12 on SwissAir via Geneva to LHR.
In the unlikely event anyone is on either of these flights/staying in the same accommodation, let’s meet for a drink! Same for the match; I won’t be attending, so if anyone is in the same situation we could find somewhere to watch the game.

Whatever your plans are, I hope you all enjoy!
UTA

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Perhaps the next table drink for a northern away day by train?

Certainly better than 10% Lidl rose :kiss:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Does anyone have experience of the Athens metro?

We don't arrive till 'late' - 13:45 next Thursday, but the ticket collection is in the hotel I'd already booked (result).

In theory we have plenty of time to get the metro from t'airplane to t'hotel, pick up tickets and check in.

But hotel is offering to collect us for €50 which, I dunno, just feels cheating!!

If the metro is recommended then happy days.
But if it's hap hazard, one an hour, loads of waiting and a ball ache to navigate (basically if it's run by Southern) then I guess I better cough up for a collection.
Are you on the 08.10 EasyJet out of Gatwick? If so, I'd happily chip in for transfer cost (I'm not staying at that hotel but want to collect ticket asap in case time gets tight). Let me know - ta.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Are you on the 08.10 EasyJet out of Gatwick? If so, I'd happily chip in for transfer cost (I'm not staying at that hotel but want to collect ticket asap in case time gets tight). Let me know - ta.
I'm happy to share a taxi to the collection point, I'm travelling with my wife. Our hotel is 5 minutes from the ticket office.
PM me if that suits, I'll wear a red carnation.....

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Kindly find some important information regarding your upcoming flight below.

We received information that London Luton Airport (LTN) will be undergoing an important upgrade to their central search equipment. As a result, pre-departure activities may take longer than usual. Thus, we strongly recommend that you plan accordingly and be at the airport 3 hours before the departure of your flight to allow yourself enough time to go through the check-in and the security control procedure. Also, please keep in mind that, check-in at London Luton Airport will be closed strictly 60 minutes prior the scheduled time of departure!

:rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kindly find some important information regarding your upcoming flight below.

We received information that London Luton Airport (LTN) will be undergoing an important upgrade to their central search equipment. As a result, pre-departure activities may take longer than usual. Thus, we strongly recommend that you plan accordingly and be at the airport 3 hours before the departure of your flight to allow yourself enough time to go through the check-in and the security control procedure. Also, please keep in mind that, check-in at London Luton Airport will be closed strictly 60 minutes prior the scheduled time of departure!

:rolleyes:
Sounds like a shit show.

I'm the sort of saddo who gets there three hours early anyway and then sits in the bar or lounge. Drives Mrs GB mad as she'd rather turn up at the airport 15 mins before the gate's due to close. When I do win that particular battle it always seems to cost me a fortune in duty free :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here