[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Notice the wording has changed to MUST take the buses to the stadium. They're expecting us to get buses almost 4 hours before kick off, for some bizarre reason, which IMO is ridiculous, especially with no alcohol or anything to do in the stadium. Guess a bottle of Raki, before you get on this bus is the only route now.
Metro be absolutely fine

Looking like t shirt + shorts weather out there ( day time anyway )

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Notice the wording has changed to MUST take the buses to the stadium. They're expecting us to get buses almost 4 hours before kick off, for some bizarre reason, which IMO is ridiculous, especially with no alcohol or anything to do in the stadium. Guess a bottle of Raki, before you get on this bus is the only route now.
I noticed that too. I’m certain this is for the convenience of the police rather than the convenience of the fans. I’m determined to make my own way to the stadium. I really can’t see me being turned away because I didn’t arrive by bus! After the game is another matter. I may not have much choice. Also, if the AEK fans are pissed off it may not be a bad thing to get bussed away. Am just hoping we’re not kept behind for too long.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
They definitely cannot force people to get these buses. Everyone needs a bit of unity on this. We must all make are own way there. No one is going up to a dry stadium 4 hours early it’s absolutely ridiculous for the club to keep pushing this. we’ve all paid good money for this trip ffs

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm getting very excited about this match. I've booked my sofa seat and will journey there after work in the office (approx 9ft).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Make sure we get plenty of pictures. Especially like the one of that lovely French chappie in Marseille and that unusual arm fist greeting to those on coach.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone know the nearest metro stop for the stadium. Not that easy to pin this down on google , thanks

edit

he stadium is accessible from the Athens Metro Line 1 with the closest stations to Agia Sophia Stadium are Perissos and Pefkakia. All are 600 to 900 metres (10-15 minutes) from the stadium. Agia Sophia Stadium is also served by several Bus and Trolleybus routes.
Perissos I would think, 10 min walk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
That's iffy. I left 1.5 hours early for ajax away, just 5 stops on tube. Train in front broke down after 5/10 minutes everyone got off and ran for cabs. I ran for at least a mile before we got an uber. Told the driver to drop us at the away end, he dropped us at the opposite end after driving past the away end! Walked back and dickhead guy said he is a copper and we have to walk all the way back around. I asked a copper in uniform and he nodded sheepishly. Another copper said come here and he told the security to open the gates for us. Got up the huge stairs just in time for kick off! After writing this it sounds like you shouldn't get metro or cab! 🤣

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They definitely cannot force people to get these buses. Everyone needs a bit of unity on this. We must all make are own way there. No one is going up to a dry stadium 4 hours early it’s absolutely ridiculous for the club to keep pushing this. we’ve all paid good money for this trip ffs
Where does this 4 hours come from?

The buses won't be leaving till after 16:00 and kick off is 18:45.

The most it's going to be is 2 hours and that's being generous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports