[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just taken possession of my blue and white striped foustanella.
Shouldn't stand out.

Evzones-Uniform-Foustanela-Greek-Soldier-1024x683.jpg

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
So I'm meeting my son in Manchester to fly out to Athens on Wednesday. Two return tickets on EasyJet for £316. Decent price for a round trip of over 4,000 miles. Happy days.

Check the train prices from Brighton to Manchester Piccadilly and this comes up...

View recent photos.jpeg

That’s a little less than £2 a mile.

This country…

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
So I'm meeting my son in Manchester to fly out to Athens on Wednesday. Two return tickets on EasyJet for £316. Decent price for a round trip of over 4,000 miles. Happy days.

Check the train prices from Brighton to Manchester Piccadilly and this comes up...

View attachment 170170

This country…
They'll rip you off if they can get away with it.

Look at 2 singles, Thameslink and advances if you have the time and flexibility for travelling that way.

Brighton - St Pancras £21.50 off-peak single.

10 min walk, or tube if you have to.

Euston - Piccadilly still £40 advance tickets available. Even cheaper if you change at Crewe with a separate ticket for each leg, if the advance tickets still available tie in with your travelling times. About £20-25.

You can probably do both legs for a quarter or less of the cost of an open return. They rely on people not being arsed to work out the alternatives!

Nicks

View attachment 170170

This country…
Look at the Train Split App.
Far cheaper than that.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
As is Row 10, Seat 43 Upper
every time I see these I get excited, go to the ticket page and then as I look at the greyed out BUY button, I remember I don't have enough points! (madness = doing the same thing and expecting different results!)

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
every time I see these I get excited, go to the ticket page and then as I look at the greyed out BUY button, I remember I don't have enough points! (madness = doing the same thing and expecting different results!)
Why not go for the Block 8 option?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I know quite a few people that have purchased tickets in Block 8 of the home end. You just need to email AEK.

tickets@aekfc.gr

how does that work? (or should I be reading the rest of thread...)
Email them, tell them you’re interested in Block 8 tickets and you could go so far as to say you ideally want row 13 or 14 (if you want to sit with most of the others that have shown their hand) they’ll send you a link back, it’s simple. (PS in the unlikely event you get ripped off, don’t come looking for me, we’ll alll be in the same boat!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone have experience of the Athens metro?

We don't arrive till 'late' - 13:45 next Thursday, but the ticket collection is in the hotel I'd already booked (result).

In theory we have plenty of time to get the metro from t'airplane to t'hotel, pick up tickets and check in.

But hotel is offering to collect us for €50 which, I dunno, just feels cheating!!

If the metro is recommended then happy days.
But if it's hap hazard, one an hour, loads of waiting and a ball ache to navigate (basically if it's run by Southern) then I guess I better cough up for a collection.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

We don't arrive till 'late' - 13:45 next Thursday, but the ticket collection is in the hotel I'd already booked (result).

In theory we have plenty of time to get the metro from t'airplane to t'hotel, pick up tickets and check in.

But hotel is offering to collect us for €50 which, I dunno, just feels cheating!!

But if it's hap hazard, one an hour, loads of waiting and a ball ache to navigate (basically if it's run by Southern) then I guess I better cough up for a collection.
#93 bus apparently, grab a ticket at the booth (so I've been told)
IMG-20231016-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20231116-WA0001.jpg

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

I booked a taxi from the airport to pick us up Wednesday night for 40€ to our hotel near the acropolis. Think 50€ is about right.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing

#93 bus apparently, grab a ticket at the booth (so I've been told)View attachment 170183

View attachment 170184
The X93 bus doesn’t go to the city centre.
IMG_1565.jpeg

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Metro 2 an hour, 40 minutes journey
Bus 2/3 an hour, 60 minutes journey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports