Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Are we allowed to make our own way there?

I know some did for Marseille, but I would much prefer not getting the bus if possible.

Anyone know?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Are we allowed to make our own way there?

I know some did for Marseille, but I would much prefer not getting the bus if possible.

Anyone know?
I've seen nothing to the contrary. Not sure how they would police this anyway. If you turn up at the stadium an hour before KO, are they going to insist you return to the city centre to get the bus? No. I'm more bothered about post-match. I won't be happy if they force me to get on a bus to go to a place I don't want to go to.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I've seen nothing to the contrary. Not sure how they would police this anyway. If you turn up at the stadium an hour before KO, are they going to insist you return to the city centre to get the bus? No. I'm more bothered about post-match. I won't be happy if they force me to get on a bus to go to a place I don't want to go to.
Me the Mrs and the boy, two in the away end, one in block 8, we’re not going to want to be separated In any serious way en route in either direction

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Me the Mrs and the boy, two in the away end, one in block 8, we’re not going to want to be separated In any serious way en route in either direction
You'll be fine on the way there -- just get the Metro together. The return journey is anyone's guess at the moment. I'm hoping they are reasonable and allow people to choose how they get away. OTOH if the result upsets the locals and they get hostile, I suppose I may just be glad of the bus!

Willie

Sep 3, 2023
I'm assuming all Block 8 people will be getting the metro. If we win, and knock AEK out, the question is..... Do we leave with the masses and head to the metro or do we hang back for ½ hour and hope the crazy gang have disappeared?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm assuming all Block 8 people will be getting the metro. If we win, and knock AEK out, the question is..... Do we leave with the masses and head to the metro or do we hang back for ½ hour and hope the crazy gang have disappeared?
Knock AEK out is subjective.

They may be out of EL if we win, but theres a good chance they could still be in the conference league.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Lots of continued block 8 chat so our tuppence worth

- no chance we’ll get the buses, especially as it’s alcohol free beer. To be on the safe side we’ll get an Uber or metro to arrive around 1.5 hours before KO to have a nosey and get to block 8
- although helpful it’s not worth contacting the club - block 8 is not corporate nor does it access you to any form of bar. It will be similar to away end for food+ drink. They’ve just fleeced us for the ‘best seats’
- we think it will be pretty safe as it’s a modern all seater stadium unlike older Greek grounds. Also unlikely the hoolie element are paying €120! The small concern is we’re likely be sharing concourses/walkways with all of their fans so if tense or the match results in a lively end, this could be sketchy perhaps on the way out or even half time. Even if it feels ‘safe’ pre-match, celebrating a goal in a Greek home end might not be prudent.

Willie

Sep 3, 2023
Agree with your sentiments although I think getting a metro there will be fine.
As for being in supposed posh seats, I'd wager a reasonable sum that the Greek chap sitting next to you won't have paid €120 for his ticket!
I'm veering more towards staying behind for a bit before heading home. I'm half Swedish so definitely won't blend in very easily😀

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Lots of continued block 8 chat so our tuppence worth

- no chance we’ll get the buses, especially as it’s alcohol free beer. To be on the safe side we’ll get an Uber or metro to arrive around 1.5 hours before KO to have a nosey and get to block 8
- although helpful it’s not worth contacting the club - block 8 is not corporate nor does it access you to any form of bar. It will be similar to away end for food+ drink. They’ve just fleeced us for the ‘best seats’
- we think it will be pretty safe as it’s a modern all seater stadium unlike older Greek grounds. Also unlikely the hoolie element are paying €120! The small concern is we’re likely be sharing concourses/walkways with all of their fans so if tense or the match results in a lively end, this could be sketchy perhaps on the way out or even half time. Even if it feels ‘safe’ pre-match, celebrating a goal in a Greek home end might not be prudent.
Yeah, this makes sense.
Probably no need to use the concourse at half time unless you desperately need a ‘Nescafe’ or a piss.
Celebrating a goal is at your own risk, the Ajax end was ok but if we’d rubbed it in their faces is could have gone wrong.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Agree with your sentiments although I think getting a metro there will be fine.
As for being in supposed posh seats, I'd wager a reasonable sum that the Greek chap sitting next to you won't have paid €120 for his ticket!
I'm veering more towards staying behind for a bit before heading home. I'm half Swedish so definitely won't blend in very easily😀
From this thread and Twitter sounds like the bloke next to me will be from brighton 😂

We’re row 13!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here