Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Yes I was planning to do this in Ajax if my son got a ticket - would have dumped him in the ground and found a bar, not to be as we both missed out but it's a good option
We could do this but for a number of reasons I won't go into it just won't work for us. But thanks anyway. Much appreciated.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
A very quick way to boost your points up by 30 is to buy Everton and Forest away tickets.

This may help some people get in to higher tiers if we get passed the group stage.
This is the thing, if you want to boost your points the opportunities are there and have been for some time now. I can't be arsed to listen to people who can't get access Europa league away tickets and don't put in the time and money to increase loyalty points. If you aren't able to, then fine, but I can't see the logic in thinking you should be on the same level of access as someone who has.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This is the thing, if you want to boost your points the opportunities are there and have been for some time now. I can't be arsed to listen to people who can't get access Europa league away tickets and don't put in the time and money to increase loyalty points. If you aren't able to, then fine, but I can't see the logic in thinking you should be on the same level of access as someone who has.
Indeed, those in Tier 1 for example haven't acquired that with Luncheon Vouchers.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
It's not that so much as the people that are just gaming the system when previous EL games, as mentioned, didn't have that same system. Of course I have no issue with the people that go away the most having first dibs but that shouldn't be to the detriment of those further down the tiers when their chance does come up.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yep, this.

Sorry to those who didn’t get one, but those with more points, who have been to more games, deserve a better chance to get tickets for games like this.
There is no perfect way, i've no complaints and I guess that is the fairest way overall...... but that said, as someone who works early/late shifts for a 24/7 company, works most weekends and whose ability to go is constrained by work more than desire or willingness, that as a benchmark for loyalty is bit of a bugbear!

STH, live 3 1/2 hours away, done countless 7 hour round trips to Amex, and go home or away to games that roster patterns or away loyalty points allow.

Aways are a catch 22, you cant go due work or when you can you cant as you dont have the points because work didn't allow last few weeks.

If you live in Sussex and work Monday to Friday or are retired, I envy you! I'd go every week if I could, roll on retirement.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not that so much as the people that are just gaming the system when previous EL games, as mentioned, didn't have that same system. Of course I have no issue with the people that go away the most having first dibs but that shouldn't be to the detriment of those further down the tiers when their chance does come up.

The same system has been used, and the same tiering process.

What does seem strange is the club allowed Tier 1/2 hoarders to reserve most of the c100 tickets available for Tier 3s today. There's no guarantee you would have been able to get the ticket you needed in Tier 3 today with demand exceeding supply by such a magnitude, but you didn't have a fair and equal chance as others, and that's not right.

The club know about this loophole and has taken steps to prevent it from being abused for fixtures, both league and cup, for some time now. Why didn't they do that today?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

What does seem strange is the club allowed Tier 1/2 hoarders to reserve most of the c100 tickets available for Tier 3s today. There's no guarantee you would have been able to get the ticket you needed in Tier 3 today with demand exceeding supply by such a magnitude, but you didn't have a fair and equal chance as others, and that's not right.

The club know about this loophole and has taken steps to prevent it from being abused for fixtures, both league and cup, for some time now. Why didn't they do that today?

Very much this. First of all, I certainly understand people venting today - Its hugely frustrating when you can't get your hands on the prize but I wouldn't blame anyone gaming the system as you have to take any advantage you can get when the quantities are so few. My ire would be with the club. They could have prevented it happening but seemingly didn't and it is a road we've travelled down before.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton

This is what I meant, thanks.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Fair and reasonable points for club to consider in future........ but like crap VAR decisions, no point complaining of dodgy officiating post match...... it wont change the result!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Have you raised it with the club?
If so, have you had response?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
There is no perfect way, i've no complaints and I guess that is the fairest way overall...... but that said, as someone who works early/late shifts for a 24/7 company, works most weekends and whose ability to go is constrained by work more than desire or willingness, that as a benchmark for loyalty is bit of a bugbear!

STH, live 3 1/2 hours away, done countless 7 hour round trips to Amex, and go home or away to games that roster patterns or away loyalty points allow.

Aways are a catch 22, you cant go due work or when you can you cant as you dont have the points because work didn't allow last few weeks.

If you live in Sussex and work Monday to Friday or are retired, I envy you! I'd go every week if I could, roll on retirement.
My heart goes out to people in your situation. I do live in Sussex and I retired last year, so am finally able to go regularly. This year was the first I’ve felt able to buy a season ticket as I could never previously be sure of going to many games. On top of that I’ve been filling my boots with away matches to help build up my points. People like you, with long journeys to make, have my utmost respect. I wish there was some way the club could flag up fans like you for slightly preferential treatment in situations like the EL away games, big cup ties etc.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I’m sure that there has been a previous instance whereby a technical glitch (or human error) allowed fans to purchase tickets for a game at a point earlier than they should have been allowed to buy. I recollect that in that instance the club reversed these purchases? Should the same action be taken again? I appreciate that there is a fine line between gaming the system, exploiting technical glitches and deliberately securing tickets ahead of the permitted window.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
That's a fair comment, you shouldn't be able to do that.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I’m sure that there has been a previous instance whereby a technical glitch (or human error) allowed fans to purchase tickets for a game at a point earlier than they should have been allowed to buy. I recollect that in that instance the club reversed these purchases? Should the same action be taken again? I appreciate that there is a fine line between gaming the system, exploiting technical glitches and deliberately securing tickets ahead of the permitted window.
As one of the lucky T3 few at 2pm, needless to say I’m against this idea. I was very lucky, I admit, but there was no 'gaming of the system' here, unless you count taking Bozza's advice about clicking 'best available'. That was probably a game-changer for me. Thank you, @Bozza.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Let's not get someone sacked for opening a minute or two early and not clearing everyone's shopping basket...
Never going to happen. Fans fault for working the system. Queue new measures to identify and punish.

It will certainly not be the fault of any employee at the club. No need to worry at all about that.

We could do this but for a number of reasons I won't go into it just won't work for us. But thanks anyway. Much appreciated.
Take care buddy, hopefully you'll find something else

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
As one of the lucky T3 few at 2pm, needless to say I’m against this idea. I was very lucky, I admit, but there was no 'gaming of the system' here, unless you count taking Bozza's advice about clicking 'best available'. That was probably a game-changer for me. Thank you, @Bozza.
There do appear to be some strong suspicions that T1 and T2 STHs basketed tickets for T3 people ahead of 2.00pm. The alleged failure by the club to clear out all basketed tickets immediately prior to the window opening, in accordance with past practice, has seemingly denied other T3 fans the opportunity to purchase tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here