Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Exactly the same experience as me. Very frustrating! I'd prefer a ballot to save the time and stress.
Same here. Got banned as a bot because I kept rapidly trying to buy the few seats that appeared. I think a lottery would be fairer, maybe even favouring people who registered for Ajax but weren't successful. (Even though that would have ruled me out from the start).

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Surprise, surprise, someone with a limited number of points would prefer a ballot. It would be far more frustrating for someone with 400+ points to lose out in a ballot!
Well, I guess you'd still have a Tier 1, and even a Tier 2 to supply all the diehards. But a ballot would come into play once you reach a stage where there are more applicants than tickets.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Surprise, surprise, someone with a limited number of points would prefer a ballot. It would be far more frustrating for someone with 400+ points to lose out in a ballot!
I think the suggestion would be to have a ballot at the tier where tickets aren't guaranteed. Tier One - fair enough, you're guaranteed a ticket - then the ballot kicks in?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Another seat has come on sale (15:25).

Honestly guys, leave the complaining until later and keep checking.
I think that could be the 1 ambulent seat that kept appearing in block 47? I saw that same one appear a few times but never tried to buy it as not eligible.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
See Colonel Mustards response below yours. It would still need to be tiered.

Surprise surprise, someone jumping to conclusions on an internet forum.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think the suggestion would be to have a ballot at the tier where tickets aren't guaranteed. Tier One - fair enough, you're guaranteed a ticket - then the ballot kicks in?
Maybe its better or not? I dunno, it is what it is, but I think being completely honest, I wouldn't be advocating a ballot, if I had of managed to just get a ticket after 2pm!

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Maybe its better or not? I dunno, it is what it is, but I think being completely honest, I wouldn't be advocating a ballot, if I had of managed to just get a ticket after 2pm!
It's like electoral systems I guess - there's no system which is completely fair or which we'd all agree on. I'm going to enjoy my trip to Athens anyway and congratulations to everyone who managed to get a ticket for the game. UTA!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
But what about the their 2 folks that were very likely to get a ticket? There's always those that will be disadvantaged by whichever way things are done.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Yep, this.

Sorry to those who didn’t get one, but those with more points, who have been to more games, deserve a better chance to get tickets for games like this.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well, after 29 years of using internet forums, I suppose I had to get a whoosh sometime. But I've still no idea what the whoosh is all about here!!

It's an NSC meme. Started on threads about transfer rumours and would be "my mate is a season ticket holder at (club player is coming from) and he reckons they're shitehouse" and has gone from there. It's a stock NSC joke basically

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
1. Ballot for Tier 1, 1A. 12 ('x' number of hours) to complete purchase, 2. Ballot for tier 1 & 2, 2B. 12 ('x' number of hours) to complete purchase, 3. Ballot for tier 1, 2, & 3....repeat

Could even not allow previous tiers the option again.

I dunno maybe I'm just annoyed I didn't get a ticket (I'm going to Athens anyway and going to have a great time). But I know I'm definitely annoyed I spent an hour and a half trying in a process that didn't work.

*2 hours 18 minutes as I'm still refreshing occasionally lol

Last edited:

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
Never thought it would get to tomorrow afternoon as a lowly MA+. At least I got to Marseille and thoroughly enjoyed that one away Euro trip with my son. Still, have two more home games to look forward to as part of the early 3-match deal. Anyone could have done those 4 matches the way it turned out. I know many will be disappointed but look at the positives. We’re in Europe for the first time ever. I’d take four live and watching two games on TV over never doing it in the first place. UTA

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
Was Tier 4 and had committed to going out to Athens regardless of getting a ticket or not, so would absolutely be up for watching at a bar with other ticketless fans out there. Knowing how hard getting a ticket would be, was treating it more as a well earned holiday abroad being out there from Tuesday until Sunday and a ticket being a bonus.
me too

I would go in any case. Depending on your son's age, won't one of you be happy for the other to have the ticket? And you might well be able to get another ticket locally. If all else fails, one of you can sit in a nice bar and watch the game with loads of other Albion fans while the other is at the match. Athens is a fantastic city for a holiday too. The history is astonishing and the hotels are cheap. Go, and enjoy yourselves.
Yes I was planning to do this in Ajax if my son got a ticket - would have dumped him in the ground and found a bar, not to be as we both missed out but it's a good option

The ballot idea is a non-starter - we'd have Paris riots level of moaning, I say this as someone who sadly wasn't able to get to any of the 3 aways for various reasons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here