[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
largely irrelevant though. Even if 300 available would of sold in a minute.

If had enough points then could of got one leisurely at any time this am.

Its frustrating but 1700 tickets was never going to meet demand.

At least tier 3 did have a small sniff
For sure, I just think it’s odd they didn’t do it the same, oh well we move on.

I agree about taking a chance, everyone has their own way of doing it, I can’t blame anyone, but I think after them doing it successfully for the last two games, it’s odd they didn’t do it again.
Indeed - it's the kind of thing that the fan council should be asking for an explanation for. Hopefully we are going to have a lot of these scrambles in future so let's get everything right and as fair as poss

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did the ticketing system not clear everyone's baskets at 14:00?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Indeed - it's the kind of thing that the fan council should be asking for an explanation for. Hopefully we are going to have a lot of these scrambles in future so let's get everything right and as fair as poss
Massively annoying and off-putting. Really put a dent in my mood.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
That fan advisory board is just for those who like to pay lip service to the club. Ask awkward questions or have a face that doesn't fit and you get kicked out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is that still going? I agree this is exactly the sort of thing they should insist on being sorted. Doesn't matter if it has to be a manual process. Someone should be sat there ready to do it. They clearly did it at 1.50pm but then never did it again.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
So now my son has a £41 ticket he can't use. And I can't get refunded (I know the T&Cs, etc). Seems fair.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is that still going? I agree this is exactly the sort of thing they should insist on being sorted. Doesn't matter if it has to be a manual process. Someone should be sat there ready to do it. They clearly did it at 1.50pm but then never did it again.
Do you think enough tickets reappeared then? Still didn't seem to be as many as I expected to see.

Assuming that 1:50 ftlushout was manual, I wonder if someone forgot to also press the "Sold Out" button to keep everyone out until 2pm.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I don't fully understand this basket-clearing thing but anyway, remember that there will have been a few Tier 2s who could have bought this morning but left it until their lunchbreak, or who suddenly changed their mind about not going, and who jumped in just before the deadline. Not enough perhaps to explain the sudden dip in the final half hour but I bet there were a few who did that.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don't fully understand this basket-clearing thing but anyway, remember that there will have been a few Tier 2s who could have bought this morning but left it until their lunchbreak, or who suddenly changed their mind about not going, and who jumped in just before the deadline. Not enough perhaps to explain the sudden dip in the final half hour but I bet there were a few who did that.

At most there would be 5 or 6 that left it that late surely? Basically it seems the club didn't do what it had done at all the other tier windows opening and it meant people could game the system.

Ah well, 4 of us going ticketless, anyone joining us?
Was Tier 4 and had committed to going out to Athens regardless of getting a ticket or not, so would absolutely be up for watching at a bar with other ticketless fans out there. Knowing how hard getting a ticket would be, was treating it more as a well earned holiday abroad being out there from Tuesday until Sunday and a ticket being a bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports