Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I agree that tickets were available, but not many, I expect you are one of a few who didn't game it. But there was nowhere near the same amount the available at 13:30 that there was at 13:59.
I certaily didn't game it, and wouldn't know how to. I just missed out on ST points to be in the 9am category so 2pm was my first opportunity. I realise I'm lucky. But I'd say to others -- do keep chacking back for a while as the odd ticket may come back on sale.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
To all the people that did hoard them in their baskets, thanks. My son has had a really rough time of late and we were both looking forward to hopefully going together. Not going to happen now. Enjoy the game.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I have a spare flight with Easy jet if anyone is interested, as I booked 3 seats thinking 3 of us were going when in fact only 2 are!

It's departing Gatwick Wednesday 29th 8am, returning on the Sunday 3rd December at 21:00

£212 plus the £110 to change the names on them. Drop me a DM if interested.
£110 to change a name - absolutely criminal, nasty easyJet bastards.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
That was a shit show. Asked me to enter my passport details and then brought this bastard page up
1698068761324.png

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I agree that tickets were available, but not many, I expect you are one of a few who didn't game it. But there was nowhere near the same amount the available at 13:30 that there was at 13:59.
largely irrelevant though. Even if 300 available would of sold in a minute.

If had enough points then could of got one leisurely at any time this am.

Its frustrating but 1700 tickets was never going to meet demand.

At least tier 3 did have a small sniff

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Actually it was ticket single not tickets plural at 13.59.30. I have been watching these on and off since this morning and at one point there was about 100 available. About 12.30 that number started reducing as people in the previous tier started putting them in baskets and by 13.45 it was down to under 20. Then at one point about 13.50 it did go back up about 50 but there was no way that was a complete basket clearance and even if by some miracle it was then in the next 5 minutes before anyone in the 14.00 tier had a chance they were virtually all back in baskets again. I do not blame anyone wanting to go with mates who already had tickets for taking a chance that the club would not clear baskets, would not most of us do the same ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

But it looks like those Tier1/2s who put them in their basket before 2pm to "reserve" them for Tier 3 mates - and this was very obviously happening from around 13:45 onwards - didn't have their baskets cleared out.

There were enough of us keeping a close eye on things that one of us would have spied the 90-100 tickets reappearing before they were all snaffled up.

It sounds like the Tier 3s who did get a ticket just got lucky finding the odd ticket that dropped out of a basket later on.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex

I agree, thought this would have sold out in Tier 2, was amazed it went to Tier 3.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Actually it was ticket single not tickets plural at 13.59.30. I have been watching these on and off since this morning and at one point there was about 100 available. About 12.30 that number started reducing as people in the previous tier started putting them in baskets and by 13.45 it was down to under 20. Then at one point about 13.50 it did go back up about 50 but there was no way that was a complete basket clearance and even if by some miracle it was then in the next 5 minutes before anyone in the 14.00 tier had a chance they were virtually all back in baskets again. I do not blame anyone wanting to go with mates who already had tickets for taking a chance that the club would not clear baskets, would not most of us do the same ?
I agree about taking a chance, everyone has their own way of doing it, I can’t blame anyone, but I think after them doing it successfully for the last two games, it’s odd they didn’t do it again.

And tier 2 didn't get mainly frozen out as with Ajax. Though it's still gutting for some and my sympathies are very much with them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here