[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sold out has just gone to green BUY again.

But even if you get a ticket in the basket - I have an error saying the max tickets allowed per customer is zero - so I don't see how anyone is managing to transact from that point even if one or two do pop up from emptying baskets.

Reactions: PWA

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I have a spare flight with Easy jet if anyone is interested, as I booked 3 seats thinking 3 of us were going when in fact only 2 are!

It's departing Gatwick Wednesday 29th 8am, returning on the Sunday 3rd December at 21:00

£212 plus the £110 to change the names on them. Drop me a DM if interested.

EliasTaproot

Oct 31, 2022
I did the same and got lucky. The greyed-out BUY button suddenly turned green, must have been bang on 14:00. If I were you I'd keep refreshing for a while as I bet there are people who can\t complete their purchase.

It opened for me at 1:59, I got in and there was just 1 ticket available, there is no way 50+ got bought that quickly. We've been absolutely scammed here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But even if you get a ticket in the basket - I have an error saying the max tickets allowed per customer is zero - so I don't see how anyone is managing to transact from that point even if one or two do pop up from emptying baskets.
Yeah - something is amiss with the assign seats to owners. Maybe the club have put a block in to temporarily to stop the hoarders being able to allocate to their mates.

I managed to get a ticket in my basket in the end, but can't allocate it to my eligible mate now. Tried another mate who's not coming and is very top tier points and it says the same for him too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yeah - something is amiss with the assign seats to owners. Maybe the club have put a block in to temporarily to stop the hoarders being able to allocate to their mates.

I managed to get a ticket in my basket in the end, but can't allocate it to my eligible mate now. Tried another mate who's not coming and is very top tier points and it says the same for him too.
...the one person it seems happy for me to allocate to is @Wozza, bizarrely.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Hit refresh so many times I've got a message saying I'm blocked because they think I'm a robot lol

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
With all respect they need a revamp of the system, that was completely unfair, there were no tickets available at 2 o'clock and they never emptied the baskets

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Got one in my basket - i will release back on site in 5 mins as mate i was trying for got one

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With all respect they need a revamp of the system, that was completely unfair, there were no tickets available at 2 o'clock and they never emptied the baskets
The system is fine if they are consistent with how they use it.

Marseille Tier 2 worked fine - shut the sales about at XX:45, cleared out all baskets, and re-opened at YY:00.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The system is fine if they are consistent with how they use it.

Marseille Tier 2 worked fine - shut the sales about at XX:45, cleared out all baskets, and re-opened at YY:00.
Yeah sorry agree on the system, just the way they did this one clearly did not work. They cleared 47 at around 13:50. And then nothing else, not very impressed to be honest after how well they managed the previous two games. People held on this one, but the club didn't empty the basket. I've got my ticket but my mate will be disappointed, doesn't seem fair people who did game the system seem to have got away with it this time.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I bought a ticket, so obviously the system worked -- it was just heavily overloaded I guess. I got very lucky. My screen refresh (one of many around 14:00) must have coincided with the BUY being activated. Pure luck. But tickets were available, albeit for just a few seconds.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yeah sorry agree on the system, just the way they did this one clearly did not work. They cleared 47 at around 13:50. And then nothing else, not very impressed to be honest after how well they managed the previous two games. People held on this one, but the club didn't empty the basket. I've got my ticket but my mate will be disappointed, doesn't seem fair people who did game the system seem to have got away with it this time.
I wholeheartedly agree if they didn't do what I expected them to do.

I was going to hoard one for a mate, but thought "nah - I'll do it the right way - they'll clear out all baskets at 2pm", but it doesn't look like they did that.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I bought a ticket, so obviously the system worked -- it was just heavily overloaded I guess. I got very lucky. My screen refresh (one of many around 14:00) must have coincided with the BUY being activated. Pure luck. But tickets were available, albeit for just a few seconds.
I agree that tickets were available, but not many, I expect you are one of a few who didn't game it. But there was nowhere near the same amount the available at 13:30 that there was at 13:59.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports