Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

The biggest advice, is select a seat and hit BUY. That's it, no dawdling, it's not yours until you hit BUY.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep if it was me I'd gamble on the smaller block, and hit a lone seat quickly and then buy. I'd probably aim low down.

"Users first read in a horizontal movement, usually across the upper part of the content area. This initial element forms the F's top bar. Next, users move down the page a bit and then read across in a second horizontal movement that typically covers a shorter area than the previous movement."
Screen viewing.jpg

This is apparently the order most people look at screen. Train yourself to go to the greens! Everyone else will be clocking in the reds and yellows.

*This may be nonsense, but it's what google told me, I suspect just being quick with mouse and finger is worth much much more, and being lucky.

Also refresh the screen five mins before 2pm regularly. Pretty sure this morning and numerous times before they have gone on a sale a minute or so early.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My biggest advice is to select 'best available' instead of trying to select a specific seat. It's the strategy I used for the Ajax bunfight and I absolutely sailed through the buying journey.
I must confess I've never tried. Surely though with this limited number of tickets it might keep choosing the most likely to be chosen seat?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I must confess I've never tried. Surely though with this limited number of tickets it might keep choosing the most likely to be chosen seat?
I would say no, the best available does that for you effectively, so saves valuable seconds

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, the complete opposite hence my advice higher up on this thread.

It knows which seats are already taken so will lock in one that isn’t.

When you self select you don’t know if someone has reached the buy button before you do until you make the click. If someone beats you to it, you panic and may well lose out completely.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It works much better than any other solution, IMO.

If you try and select a specific seat and someone else grabs it before you do, tickets will have sold out by the time you try and select another one.

Best available automates everything for you in real time.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria

The biggest advice, is select a seat and hit BUY. That's it, no dawdling, it's not yours until you hit BUY.
My strategy has been to train hard for this, loaded up with carbs last night, stayed hydrated this morning, gave my fastest device a good clean and tried a couple of dry runs. Haven’t a clue where my passport is though.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
4 of us with 4 in our baskets at 9am, 4 bought and the other 12 released. I'm sure others have done that.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
My strategy has been to train hard for this, loaded up with carbs last night, stayed hydrated this morning, gave my fastest device a good clean and tried a couple of dry runs. Haven’t a clue where my passport is though.
Have you seen the episode of The Young Ones when they go to the laundrette?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

When you self select you don’t know if someone has reached the buy button before you do until you make the click. If someone beats you to it, you panic and may well lose out completely.
Interesting. But once you've selected that you still have to hit buy before someone else has nabbed it manually, or do you think it's locked. Just wondering vien that if it might actually not provide a seat? I'm nervous just thinking about the concept and I bought my seat last week :laugh:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting. But once you've selected that you still have to hit buy before someone else has nabbed it manually, or do you think it's locked. Just wondering vien that if it might actually not provide a seat? I'm nervous just thinking about the concept and I bought my seat last week :laugh:
It’s locked.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

You will think I'm mad, but I actually practised this over the weekend to see how quickly I could do it.

09:00 this morning - mission complete.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Down to 41, people already putting in basket? We assume this will be cleared at 2pm though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here