Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's a long walk (20 mins) from the passport control to the metro.

Yes, cabs are plentiful, but not cheap - it's not a ten minute journey into central Athens and the metro is pretty good - I was last there in July and I think it was €9.00 to take the metro to Monastiraki or Syntagma (Blue line)
A taxi should cost you €40 to €50 from the airport to the city centre. There’s supposed to be a flat rate, but it doesn’t always work like that!

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
The last metro leaves the airport at 23:30. But the x95 bus runs all night (more or less every 20 mins) and drops you off at Syntagma. It'll take about an hour (compared to 40 mins on the metro) and costs €5.

Thanks, I hadn't even considered a bus. I'll do that for sure, it sounds a lot better than €55 for a taxi.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks, I hadn't even considered a bus. I'll do that for sure, it sounds a lot better than €55 for a taxi.
For Marseille, I had thought about starting a thread where people posted their travel and accommodation plans and it was all combined into a single list, allowing people to know who was on the same flight etc. I didn't get round to it.

I might do that for Ajax and Athens as it could help people join forces for taxis etc to help bring the cost down.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Certainly cheaper to drink (away from the main tourist traps) and grab a Gyros for about €4.00 - again away from the main attractions.

One thing that central Athens has is a lot of roof top bars, some with great views over the Acropolis.

Regarding rooftop bars, I can recommend this one for views of the Acropolis:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I land at 23:15. It says the metro runs until 00:30 but I'm guessing probably not from as far out as the airport. Can anyone who has been to Athens before tell me if I have any chance of making it or if I need to accept paying for a taxi?
The Metro runs right to the airport. It was a new line built for the 2008 Olympics.
We’ve also used the X95 bus to Syntagma Square.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Could I ask someone to see how many are currently left please.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Could I ask someone to see how many are currently left please.
A mate who is already going looked yesterday evening and it was 720 ish. So looks like barely any have been sold today (not a huge surprise).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here