Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I thought this would fly off the shelves. I was wrong. Almost 800 left and the rush is over for Tier 1. This is looking more Marseille than Ajax. Even at this point it seems like Tier 2 will have no trouble and Tier 3 will get a chance.
As a Tier 2 person who is only doing this trip that is music to my ears. I hope this pans out!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I thought this would fly off the shelves. I was wrong. Almost 800 left and the rush is over for Tier 1. This is looking more Marseille than Ajax. Even at this point it seems like Tier 2 will have no trouble and Tier 3 will get a chance.
Disappointing. But for the average punter this is pricey coupled with Marseille and Ajax.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Probably a chance for Albion+ members this one. Still expect to read lots of "I couldn't get a ticket for any European away game and isn't fair" type comments, despite (probably) this one and Marseille being open to anyone who wanted one.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
That's it then as Titanic posted there were 1580 when it opened. I am thinking now that in excess of 500 will go to monday and perhaps even some for teusday.

I think it could be more like 700 left for Monday. We've seen with both the other games that almost all tickets are sold when a new window opens.

It again shows lots of people pre-registered who didn't go on to buy. Maybe there should be a financial commitment involved in pre-registration?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think it could be more like 700 left for Monday. We've seen with both the other games that almost all tickets are sold when a new window opens.

It again shows lots of people pre-registered who didn't go on to buy. Maybe there should be a financial commitment involved in pre-registration?

Though (as a T2 I'm trying to calm myself down) it could be that T1 are taking their time due to not having passports with them, knowing they have 3 days to purchase.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This isnt scaremongering as we will all be fine but i do feel that Athens has the potential to be the most chaotic of the 3.

Ajax seems to be quite clear and lower risk re use of public transport and known practices for city

Marseille was seen as higher risk and maybe over controlled but was a relatively small city with a plan (albeit one that was severely stretched).

Athens will be and i love the greeks when i say this ( especially ariana who i met on the pier in 1986) a bit more laissez fair. Its a bigger city with its own issues, transport can be a bit unique and no known base or centre yet (i.e. are we all expected to be bussed back to somewhere etc)

So for those comfortable with uncertainty or experienced travellers it will be fine. Others may find it less comfortable

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This isnt scaremongering as we will all be fine but i do feel that Athens has the potential to be the most chaotic of the 3.

Ajax seems to be quite clear and lower risk re use of public transport and known practices for city

Marseille was seen as higher risk and maybe over controlled but was a relatively small city with a plan (albeit one that was severely stretched).

Athens will be and i love the greeks when i say this ( especially ariana who i met on the pier in 1986) a bit more laissez fair. Its a bigger city with its own issues, transport can be a bit unique and no known base or centre yet (i.e. are we all expected to be bussed back to somewhere etc)

So for those comfortable with uncertainty or experienced travellers it will be fine. Others may find it less comfortable
The one thing Athens won't be is laissez-faire. That'll be those chilled French types.

Athens will be, I can tell you care of Google Translate, Ας το να συμβεί

Hope this helps.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Last time I went I used Uber and freenow taxis. Really easy. The centre is not that big. Don't envisage too many issues. And I don't think we will be bussed around

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Disappointing. But for the average punter this is pricey coupled with Marseille and Ajax.
disagree , gives everyone a chance to experience one.

Hotels cheap out there , flights were alright early doors too.

Will still sell out

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club have published AEK info...
  1. Ticket collection will be situated a short walk from the Melina Mercouri Monument, where there are plenty of bars and restaurants.
  2. 15 minutes walk from the monument is where we are advised the meeting point for the shuttle buses will be.
  3. We await confirmation from AEK Athens but understand shuttle buses will take supporters to the stadium from outside Panathenaic Stadium (this is NOT the home of Panathinaikos, but the location of the first Olympic Games, also known as Kallimarmaro).
  4. We expect shuttle buses will leave in one large convoy at 4.45pm, through central Athens to the stadium.
  5. Expect a hold back of at least 45 minutes post-match in the visitor supporter seating.
  6. Street crime, including pickpocketing can take place in Athens. Be vigilant, take sensible precautions and have valid travel insurance. For safety advice please click here.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Apparently there will be buses one single convoy from the original olympic stadium. Also when researching how to get into Athens from the airport there appears to be a decent metro system so I think getting around should be fine. I am really looking forward to this one. I've really only got one day there but am staying nearby to the acropolis and the proposed ticket pick-up site and possible shuttle departure point.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The club have published AEK info...
  1. Ticket collection will be situated a short walk from the Melina Mercouri Monument, where there are plenty of bars and restaurants.
  2. 15 minutes walk from the monument is where we are advised the meeting point for the shuttle buses will be.
  3. We await confirmation from AEK Athens but understand shuttle buses will take supporters to the stadium from outside Panathenaic Stadium (this is NOT the home of Panathinaikos, but the location of the first Olympic Games, also known as Kallimarmaro).
  4. We expect shuttle buses will leave in one large convoy at 4.45pm, through central Athens to the stadium.
  5. Expect a hold back of at least 45 minutes post-match in the visitor supporter seating.
  6. Street crime, including pickpocketing can take place in Athens. Be vigilant, take sensible precautions and have valid travel insurance. For safety advice please click here.
beat me to it!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Last time I went I used Uber and freenow taxis. Really easy. The centre is not that big. Don't envisage too many issues. And I don't think we will be bussed around
There will be shuttle buses. Also no alcohol at the ground.

Overview:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here