Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
I started this reply to say I think there will be more than that, but I've not considered one factor until now.

Marseille was, for the most part, such a fantastic experience that it may boost demand. Some who may not previously have fancied a trip to Athens might be thinking "I want some more of that - get me on the plane!"

I think demand will be high tomorrow. Marseille being decent will convert a few, but it's more about the type of people able to buy. Fewer tickets obviously means a higher points total is required to buy. Those people eligible to buy tomorrow have 280+ points for a reason - they go to lots of games. Percentage wise, I think take-up tomorrow will match Ajax, which means no more than 250 going to Tier 2.

Reactions: PWA

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
Hoping there end up being some left for this in the first MyAlbion+ tier come Tuesday morning, but know that's optimistic. I committed financially to doing Athens a few days after the draw as my one trip, as didn't fancy Marseille and knew Ajax would be a bumrush for tickets. In hindsight was probably the wrong move given I absolutely would have got a ticket for Marseille.

Out in Athens from Tuesday until the Sunday (only way to get reasonably priced flights when I was booking), so worst case scenario is I find a local able to sort me a home end ticket, or I soak up the atmosphere with everyone pre-game, find a bar to watch the game in, get a groundhop in at one of the Super League Div 2 games on Saturday (Div 1 isn't on the cards as the Athens based teams are either playing away or playing on the Sunday) and overall have a long needed holiday in a new city.
I'm in the same boat (but wed to sat), and have resigned myself to soaking up the atmosphere. anything extra is a plus.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I registered for this, but I can’t afford to go now, either financially or time off work. I didn't think I would get an Ajax ticket but was lucky to grab one.

Really happy to have experienced the Marseille game and looking forward to Ajax. Hopefully there will be few like me and it will give people who have not had an opportunity to see us away in this competition a chance to go.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I spoke with an AEK Athens fan who I work with who was at the game last week and who knows a number of season ticket holders. He was telling me to expect no trouble, even offered to buy me a ticket in the home end if I can’t get an away ticket so I don’t think people need to be too worried about this one.
I put this on a different thread but It's probably useful here too:

I think there is little chance of getting a ticket in the home end either*. Over here they require you to register for a fan membership and provide your Greek ID and social security number to purchase a ticket.

*The caveat being that this is Greece so there is probably a way round it, but given the recent trouble at football it's probably unlikely.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hoping there end up being some left for this in the first MyAlbion+ tier come Tuesday morning, but know that's optimistic. I committed financially to doing Athens a few days after the draw as my one trip, as didn't fancy Marseille and knew Ajax would be a bumrush for tickets. In hindsight was probably the wrong move given I absolutely would have got a ticket for Marseille.

Out in Athens from Tuesday until the Sunday (only way to get reasonably priced flights when I was booking), so worst case scenario is I find a local able to sort me a home end ticket, or I soak up the atmosphere with everyone pre-game, find a bar to watch the game in, get a groundhop in at one of the Super League Div 2 games on Saturday (Div 1 isn't on the cards as the Athens based teams are either playing away or playing on the Sunday) and overall have a long needed holiday in a new city.
Unlikely I fear - I predict another sell-out 2 mins after the T2 window opens

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Athens is such a big city that the kind of things like the main square (Dam for ajax and joliette for marseille) and whether its use public transport or being bussed in are probably more important than they were for the other two (except for the old port/ultras bit in marseille) yet as far as i can see there hasnt been anything on that announced yet

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I pre registered but can’t go, just hoping we qualify from the group now as I was never in a look in to get Ajax away tickets

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Athens is such a big city that the kind of things like the main square (Dam for ajax and joliette for marseille) and whether its use public transport or being bussed in are probably more important than they were for the other two (except for the old port/ultras bit in marseille) yet as far as i can see there hasnt been anything on that announced yet
Have a mate there at the moment checking things out. The B11 bus is our friend apparently. He even checked our 'budget/downtown' hotel out, looks ok.

Ath1.jpg

What are people's bold predictions for this - tho there is less tickets there might be first signs of Euro fatigue/understandable financial austerity? Will it make it to Tuesday?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I don't expect it to last after 9.05am Monday.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I was hoping this one might make it to all STHs at least - yes a smaller allocation but many will have had their fix by now, and travel was far harder to do cheaply than for the others.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not sure it’s been mentioned but on the ticket site it is saying you’ll need to enter passport numbers when purchasing ticket. Don’t recall doing this for Marseille or Ajax?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure it’s been mentioned but on the ticket site it is saying you’ll need to enter passport numbers when purchasing ticket. Don’t recall doing this for Marseille or Ajax?

Has been mentioned and a requirement by the Greek authorities

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here