Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure I understand/have heard of this?

The club often have a 'season ticket guest' ticket purchase option as part of the normal tiers - allows STHs to buy (usually max 2 I think ?) tickets before they go on general sale. I've used it several times.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

Thanks for your input. I'm not saying it's unfair. I get it is an additional revenue stream for the club.

Just seems like the club are missing out on the potential to attract/convert more casual fans by making season ticket sharing more cost prohibitive. In the past I would have just passed my tickets on for free as in the fortunate position of being able to do so. Now, more than likely for the Everton game my seats will be empty.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Not sure I understand/have heard of this?

If you look on the website you will see that this option is available for the first 3 home matches from tomorrow. It's a long time since I've used it so I think the guest has to be in your friends and family list but not absolutely sure what conditions are. Hope this helps.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
The main article on the club website about tickets going on sale today details dates for season ticket holders guests.

Trouble with passing tickets on is when loads of away fans ended up in home sections. Chelsea game few years ago springs to mind.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for your input. I'm not saying it's unfair. I get it is an additional revenue stream for the club.

Just seems like the club are missing out on the potential to attract/convert more casual fans by making season ticket sharing more cost prohibitive. In the past I would have just passed my tickets on for free as in the fortunate position of being able to do so. Now, more than likely for the Everton game my seats will be empty.

Fair enough. That was a bit rude. On balance I suspect the club's chosen process is the best option, though. I admit that there must be 10 people who have used my second ticket, mostly 'for free'. That will end. I suspect the club are concerned that they may not be able to find out who has used a ticket, and that prosecuting the 'owner' of the seat if the occupier misbehaves may not work. As others have said, you can't just pass on your train season ticket so others can use it when you can't, so why view a football season ticket differently?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It’s a combination of that plus the old “why do I have to pay the travel subsidy element of my ticket if I don’t use the travel?” threads (ie - ‘why can’t Tony Bloom pay for everything?’)

Playing devils advocate, l guess there are quite a fewfirst timers or occasional fans who know nothing of Tony, or how the club is financed, so perhaps we shouldn't be too damning.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I do agree with this (and posted about it in the other Empty Seats thread).

The twenty quid tax on our season tickets… that’s fair enough. The “guest” having to pay £20 for you to be able to loan your ticket does border slightly towards fleecing IMO. And I hate to say that. At that point, why not just buy a match ticket?

It just seems that the last bit is slightly misjudged. The guest could have paid a nominal amount. They’re already signed up and part of the Albion eco system, and there’s probably a long term benefit for the club in introducing a newbie to a live football game which you can’t quantify by money. The additional hoops will result in more empty seats which is a shame.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fair enough. That was a bit rude. On balance I suspect the club's chosen process is the best option, though. I admit that there must be 10 people who have used my second ticket, mostly 'for free'. That will end. I suspect the club are concerned that they may not be able to find out who has used a ticket, and that prosecuting the 'owner' of the seat if the occupier misbehaves may not work. As others have said, you can't just pass on your train season ticket so others can use it when you can't, so why view a football season ticket differently?

That's the conclusion I came to - although the new system doesn't suit us (we attend most games anyway) I suspect it's better for the majority (ie allowing formal sharing on a regular basis), and the club (a bit more revenue, and no ability to hand over tickets to unknowns). It's the very occasional handing over to a pal (previously not allowed but a blind eye turned to it) that's been stopped - it's a pity (from a purely selfish perspective) this couldn't have been accommodated within the new procedures (even if it was the ability to upgrade an adult ST to a 'full price' ticket for one game to a non-member in the same way a concessionary ticket can still be) but the club feel they have enough options in place to suit most circumstances.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's the conclusion I came to - although the new system doesn't suit us (we attend most games anyway) I suspect it's better for the majority (ie allowing formal sharing on a regular basis), and the club (a bit more revenue, and no ability to hand over tickets to unknowns). It's the very occasional handing over to a pal (previously not allowed but a blind eye turned to it) that's been stopped - it's a pity (from a purely selfish perspective) this couldn't have been accommodated within the new procedures (even if it was the ability to upgrade an adult ST to a 'full price' ticket for one game to a non-member in the same way a concessionary ticket can still be) but the club feel they have enough options in place to suit most circumstances.

Unless everyone has their ID checked on the gate I suspect this will soon revert back to the old ways. I brought picture ID to the citeh game but I don't recall it being checked properly if at all.

ps Sssssh! You didn't hear me say that. In fact you never saw me.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Could it simply be that the club believes going forward, that because of Covid (and anything similar in the future), they will actually NEED to definitively know who is sitting in a particular seat at a particular game ? They have been very good at long term planning up to now.

And then Tone says, 'what do you think Barbs, should we take money from the transfer pot to fund all this extra administration, or should we get the fans who want to share tickets fund it ?' ???

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Could it simply be that the club believes going forward, that because of Covid (and anything similar in the future), they will actually NEED to definitively know who is sitting in a particular seat at a particular game ? They have been very good at long term planning up to now.

And then Tone says, 'what do you think Barbs, should we take money from the transfer pot to fund all this extra administration, or should we get the fans who want to share tickets fund it ?' ???

That’s my thought too, certainly the covid landscape is partly responsible. Perhaps the club had to be ready for track and trace and wanted to be prepared in case the were legal ramifications for outbreaks in the future.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I do agree with this (and posted about it in the other Empty Seats thread).

The twenty quid tax on our season tickets… that’s fair enough. The “guest” having to pay £20 for you to be able to loan your ticket does border slightly towards fleecing IMO. And I hate to say that. At that point, why not just buy a match ticket?

It just seems that the last bit is slightly misjudged. The guest could have paid a nominal amount. They’re already signed up and part of the Albion eco system, and there’s probably a long term benefit for the club in introducing a newbie to a live football game which you can’t quantify by money. The additional hoops will result in more empty seats which is a shame.

I see both sides of this and to be honest it was a bigger issue for me in the days when there was a long ST waiting list yet some STs were openly being shared by two or three people or within a family. For me that went against the spirit of having a ST and the discounted match-by-match price that comes with the commitment. I've never had a problem with the ST holder who attends 90% - 95% of games and just 'lent' their ticket to a mate for the odd game they couldn't make. But now there is an excess supply of STs then anyone that really wants one can buy one.

I think the fee for the recipient of a lent ST is a one-off £28 per season (ie - the cost of being a MyAlbion member for the year). I don't think it is unreasonable that if I want to come to games using somebody elses ST, that first I need to be part of the membership scheme. At least that shows some level of commitment to the club. Then I can come to as many games as I want on a transferred ST, if I have decent network of STHs prepared to lend me their ticket when they can't make it.

If I don't want to be a member but come to games I can just wait till tix go on general sale and buy direct from the club at normal match day prices.

BHAFC is a commercial enterprise that loses a tonne of cash every year. I don't think it is either reasonable or realistic for people to expect to be able to attend games for nothing because they know a STH.

Like I say, it isn't a massive deal for me and tbh I can see both sides but purchasing a ST on an interest free monthly DD PLUS getting a heavy discount on matchday prices doesn't also entitle the holder to make up the rules.

Apologies for the long response: I'm channelling my 'inner-Barber.'

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
How does the ticket sharing work? I live in Scotland and won’t be able to go to all games but I wouldn’t mind splitting a ticket with a mate down here. Can you do that?

Get a season ticket in one of your names and, as long as the other person is a Myalbion+ member, you pay £20 (think per season) and you can share the ticket as much as you like. But pricey as a one off (maybe cheaper buying on general sale), but excellent value for regular sharing :thumbsup:

If you're not a Myalbion+ member then it's another £28 per season for that membership.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
How does the ticket sharing work? I live in Scotland and won’t be able to go to all games but I wouldn’t mind splitting a ticket with a mate down here. Can you do that?

I am in the same boat. I have the season ticket and live in Glasgow and my Brother will use the ticket more than me and lives down South.

You need your mate to go to the Brighton and Hove Albion website and join the My Albion Club Membership. This costs £25. For this you get a Fan number.

Assuming you have downloaded your ticket to your phone you need to then notify the Albion ticketline with your mate's Fan Number for the matches that you want him to go to. They will then notify you and send him an eTicket to his phone.

So said a very helpful young lady called Lois not half an hour ago.

Let us know how you get on. I can't find my eTicket on my phone...least of my problems....:albion2:

TNBA

TTF

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

It is going to put fans off attending in the long run, like I said all fine when supply exceeds demand. Wont be when we go down.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I am in the same boat. I have the season ticket and live in Glasgow and my Brother will use the ticket more than me and lives down South.

You need your mate to go to the Brighton and Hove Albion website and join the My Albion Club Membership. This costs £25. For this you get a Fan number.

Assuming you have downloaded your ticket to your phone you need to then notify the Albion ticketline with your mate's Fan Number for the matches that you want him to go to. They will then notify you and send him an eTicket to his phone.

So said a very helpful young lady called Lois not half an hour ago.

Let us know how you get on. I can't find my eTicket on my phone...least of my problems....:albion2:

TNBA

TTF

Very helpful thanks mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here