Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Advice - Season Ticket Sharing

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
Isn't the ticket downloaded to the device ? Because each ticket can only be downloaded once (according to the FAQ) I guess it would work if you hadn't downloaded the ticket...........just the ID check to negotiate then (assuming you're happy to risk losing your ST and taking a long ban if found out ?)

even if its on the phone which surely cant be as what happens if get new phone? then hand phone to the person. if its a trusted family member i guess for any that wont be any more than an inconvenience. if i was sharing i would personally look at a dedicated phone just for the ticket. bit extreme but wont surprise me if some do that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
even if its on the phone which surely cant be as what happens if get new phone? then hand phone to the person. if its a trusted family member i guess for any that wont be any more than an inconvenience. if i was sharing i would personally look at a dedicated phone just for the ticket. bit extreme but wont surprise me if some do that.

Not really that extreme to have a dedicated ticket phone. I've got a perfectly good iPhone 8 sitting in my man drawer that I upgraded from about 6 months ago.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
even if its on the phone which surely cant be as what happens if get new phone? .

You'd have to ask Supporter Services to issue a new ticket. Given how many phones are lost, broken or stolen I guess they'll be doing that a fair bit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You'd have to ask Supporter Services to issue a new ticket. Given how many phones are lost, broken or stolen I guess they'll be doing that a fair bit.

I don't imagine tickets will be available for download too long before a game, so the window for this to happen isn't very wide.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You could also take a screenshot of the ticket and send to someone ?

Wembley needed Bluetooth to activate maybe the club need to use that method ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
thats why i wonder if the new format just transfers the ticket shared 'problem' from one format to another. Will this id be followed through on match day one off purchase, doubt it many will not bother and how can the low stewards check all pics id on entry its go against purpose no handling and is impractical. If you lend your phone to a friend and they show this at the scanner who knows its not the real person no one. As someone else said on forum scarp this!

I suppose other than your ID saying Steve Dickens and the ticket on your phone saying Jay White...The question then is whether there is seriously going to be that level of checking with 20k people queuing to get in? Because 20k fumbling about with phone screens and ID is going to be seamless isn't it.....I mean many fans can queue for a kiosk at HT for 10mins get to the front and still have no idea what they're going to order!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You could also take a screenshot of the ticket and send to someone ?

Wembley needed Bluetooth to activate maybe the club need to use that method ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The ticket barcode changes something like every 20 seconds, so you've got a VERY brief window to send/receive it and get through the turnstile.

Not sure I'd be willing to risk my season ticket going for a burton when some herbert gets rumbled.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I suppose other than your ID saying Steve Dickens and the ticket on your phone saying Jay White...The question then is whether there is seriously going to be that level of checking with 20k people queuing to get in? Because 20k fumbling about with phone screens and ID is going to be seamless isn't it.....I mean many fans can queue for a kiosk at HT for 10mins get to the front and still have no idea what they're going to order!

I went to the Amex the other day to go to the club shop, and there are various posters wrapped round pillars around the outside of the ground giving the 3-stage process of entering the ground (something like 'download ticket to your phone, have the barcode ready for scanning, have photo ID to be checked').

As you say, how vigorously they actually check the ID at the turnstile remains to be seen. I've always got my driving licence in my wallet anyway so its no skin off my nose. But I can see some almighty FAFFAGE going off with this. Hopefully turnstile bottlenecks won't be a factor, otherwise if kick-off is approaching then we're all going to have to don black hoodies, get some acne and BO, and go full-on Ultras to get in.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

I don't think that's right. The ticket is in the wallet (either Apple Pay or Google Pay) so if you change phones you should be able to transfer the app and content.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I went to the Amex the other day to go to the club shop, and there are various posters wrapped round pillars around the outside of the ground giving the 3-stage process of entering the ground (something like 'download ticket to your phone, have the barcode ready for scanning, have photo ID to be checked').

As you say, how vigorously they actually check the ID at the turnstile remains to be seen. I've always got my driving licence in my wallet anyway so its no skin off my nose. But I can see some almighty FAFFAGE going off with this. Hopefully turnstile bottlenecks won't be a factor, otherwise if kick-off is approaching then we're all going to have to don black hoodies, get some acne and BO, and go full-on Ultras to get in.

Will be extra stewards before the turnstiles like at the 'test' games. Simple name/photo check from ID to ticket takes literally seconds

I don't think that's right. The ticket is in the wallet (either Apple Pay or Google Pay) so if you change phones you should be able to transfer the app and content.

The actual ticket won't be there until quite close to the game will it ? So only those changing phones between ticket download and matchday would be affected - unlikely to be that many.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The actual ticket won't be there until quite close to the game will it ? So only those changing phones between ticket download and matchday would be affected - unlikely to be that many.

The ticket doesn't appear for me as individual genes as I'm a season ticket holder but the code is there. I bought 2 tickets for the first 2 home games for my son who is home from uni, and the named tickets are both there with a code.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Pretty sure if you've changed phones, then all you will have to do on your new phone is download Google Pay again and sign back in to your account. Your ticket should be there as per.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here