Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice required - Televisions

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The blessing is that silly fads like 3DTV and those ridiculous curved screens have driven down the prices of all the gimmick-free stuff. You'll be able to get a lot more bang for your money these days.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just bought this one from KC Sound and Vision:
http://www.kcsoundandvision.com/collections/televisions/products/lg-55eg910v-55-ultra-hd-4k-curved-oled-3d-smart-tv-manufacturer-refurbished-collection-only

Can't see myself paying extra for the 4K broadcasts anytime soon (of which there are very few), so a full HD OLED knocks the socks off a fair few ultra HD's anyway given the blacks, contrast and picture quality. Some of the upscaling on the 4Ks I also thought was a bit disappointing, some sport in just normal HD, the pitch goes very pixelated as the processor attempts to make up the spare 3 pixels per pixel it has to process for itself. Bit of a mind field to be honest, but first thing to do is work out what kind of programming you are watching - then decide on the telly. I suspect there are a lot of people buying Ultra 4K with HDR who for some time are never going to be watching anything at 4K or HDR, however those that are no doubt there are some stunning pictures to be had.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
We bought a Samsung tv 18 months ago, which is fine except that it struggles to connect with Netflix for some reason. After checking t'internet, it seems that this is a fairly common issue with Samsung so you may want to avoid.

I've got a Samsung 'smart' TV that struggles to load most apps, crashes far too often. Get internet connectivity erros even though no other device loses connection. The apps don't seem to be well developed and there is little to no support from them.

I'd not recommend a Samsung TV either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here