Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice required from the endless wisdom of NSC...

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Some advice from my fellow NSCer's would be helpful thanks.

Last week I stayed in the Hilton in Syon Park, Richmond for two nights with the missus for our anniversary. With us we took two champagne glasses to enjoy our champagne with. These were taken by the housekeeping team when we were out during the second day as they were cleaning our room. I phoned the front desk to let them know of the problem as soon as we knew of it and they said they would have them ready for us when we checked out the next morning. Upon checking out we asked for them, but they were not found, and we were told by the front desk manager that they would contact us when they were found. Thats fine, we left thinking all would be well.

We received a phone call on the way home telling us they had been found and that they would post the glasses to us as soon as possible. Yesterday morning the post arrived with both glasses inside, but one smashed.

These were not your run-of-the-mill glasses, they were handed down to me from my grandfather who passed away two years ago. They came from a set of 12, 6 pairs being handed down to me, my two sisters and my three cousins. I have no idea if they are worth anything of monetary value, but they are certainly worth a lot in sentimental value to me.

I have spoken to the front desk manager about the problem which I am suitably fuming about and he has basically asked me to put a price on them. I have no idea what to say though? Should I take them to the cleaners? What sort of price should I be looking at here?

Thanks in advance.

I can recomend a restorer, might cost an arm and a leg.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Get your 2 sisters and 3 cousins to leave you theirs in their wills : all you have to do then is outlive them all and you will have 11

D

Deleted User X18H

Sadly this is a fortuitous loss, of which sentimentality can not be measured easily, unless of course you had done so by insuring item against the value you considered it to be.

How can the hotel measure this? Yes you have an insurable interest, but how can indemnity be measured?

I would attach a reasonable value to them and identify other similar items you may have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here