Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice Please - Bike for Mrs

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well if that's the case then they should say so I'd argue this to be highly misleading. Also when I entered the code it said "expired" rather than "not valid" or something. She'll like this bike I'm sure ... might have to get a basket for it though!!!

With the bike you have got having the rack on the back, you're probably better off getting a basket that clips on the back, or some panniers. My wife has one of these type baskets which do just spring clip into the rack - very easy.
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/basil/como-rear-basket-ec019310

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] is going to be heartbroken.
For reasons I still can't quite work out why!

I'll get over it.

I just think its the best looking bike, at a great price.
In my humble experience, LADIES tend to be more concerned with how things LOOK, that anything else.

I know my own wife, would appreciate that one best.

I'm sure they are all good bikes though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
With the bike you have got having the rack on the back, you're probably better off getting a basket that clips on the back, or some panniers. My wife has one of these type baskets which do just spring clip into the rack - very easy.
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/basil/como-rear-basket-ec019310

Taking more of a look and in response to something she said last night when a tele programme showed cyclists in France - she'll defo want a front basket. There's one on that page you sent the link for the pannier basket - a wicker hook on thingy - any reason why I shouldn't go for one of those, like do they fall off or something?

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Taking more of a look and in response to something she said last night when a tele programme showed cyclists in France - she'll defo want a front basket. There's one on that page you sent the link for the pannier basket - a wicker hook on thingy - any reason why I shouldn't go for one of those, like do they fall off or something?

Oh no, you mean she saw a programme and saw a Poppins style bike in France that comes already with a basket on the front purpose fitted which she said she liked and was cheaper than the one you've bought!?

Joking aside, not sure how those hooks will fit over the one you've bought, you might need to get down Evans with it to see if they fit okay.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Oh no, you mean she saw a programme and saw a Poppins style bike in France that comes already with a basket on the front purpose fitted which she said she liked and was cheaper than the one you've bought!?

LOL ... sort of!

I'm OK as long as it has a basket I'm in the clear I reckon. Think I'll ask the shop where it's being assembled to just fit one ... gives him another few bob which I don't begrudge

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
LOL ... sort of!

I'm OK as long as it has a basket I'm in the clear I reckon. Think I'll ask the shop where it's being assembled to just fit one ... gives him another few bob which I don't begrudge

Did she like the bike in the end then?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Did she like the bike in the end then?

Yes she was genuinely thrilled! The fact that she has only ridden it three times in 2+ months is a bit disappointing :annoyed: but I've no doubt she'll be out on it as soon as (if) the weather improves

For anyone else reading that might be after a bike they still have those bikes (and others from Halcyon) for sale at huge discounts (distributor went tits up) and the old fella in the shop that put it together was crowing about the high quality and great price I paid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here