:)

CBBFF45B-246F-4EEB-9D3D-3EE40106EAB1.jpeg

Some of the comments about the videos are funny

Last edited:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
He’s painted the wall at the same time :lolol:
State of the other fence at the start of the video, he obviously hasn’t looked after that one :eek:

jesus, you wouldn't want Captain Slapdash doing your lounge would you!
'it's a natural product!', refined oil that's been through an engine, hardly!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

"You want plenty on. Plenty on." :lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Every 5 years I slap a bit of Cuprinol colours on all my outbuildings, this year I did a bit ‘Dusky Gem’ looks fabulous [emoji1303]

Get Craig round. Noone does wood more good.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I have been howling watching these videos and reading the comments that follow.
Unbelievable that he’s probably received payment for making these.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I have been howling watching these videos and reading the comments that follow.
Unbelievable that he’s probably received payment for making these.

"I got this old engine oil free from my friendly local garage. They were only too pleased to get rid of it!"

...errr, yeah. They'd be a reason for that, you silly old sod.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Ok so I've just bought a new shed which is pressure treated. Does it need treating or not?

I've been scouring online for advice but it all seems to be conflicting. Some say leave it for 6-12 months as the timber will need to weather. Some say treat with sealer to protect from uv and water damage. I then look at sealers which are all clear which I don't want and are not specific regarding pressure treated timber or are for anti rot/mould/ fungus which I'm assuming a pressure treated timber is already treated for. So now I'm really confused.

Anyone have any ideas on how to treat new pressure treated wood preferably a stain or dark colour? Water based or oil based product?

Skinners who sold me the shed are giving it the hard sell for Pro Tek Royal Exterior which is £65 for a 5 litre tin. It's only a small 7 x 5 apex shed.

Cheers

Going back to the topic in question ... also recently had a shed from Skinners. They advised getting it painted to protect it. My Mrs wrangled a free tin of the Protek out of them (and I allowed her to choose the colour ... "Lavender", so we now have a very purple shed. To be fair - it looks a treat).

As far as why you would bother: yes, pressure treating improves the durability of the wood. But then further treating the exterior adds even more longevity. Especially if, as is the case with mine, it's going to be located in a position where it receives a lot of direct sun.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Going back to the topic in question ... also recently had a shed from Skinners. They advised getting it painted to protect it. My Mrs wrangled a free tin of the Protek out of them (and I allowed her to choose the colour ... "Lavender", so we now have a very purple shed. To be fair - it looks a treat).

As far as why you would bother: yes, pressure treating improves the durability of the wood. But then further treating the exterior adds even more longevity. Especially if, as is the case with mine, it's going to be located in a position where it receives a lot of direct sun.

Well played your Mrs seeing at the Protek costs an eye watering £65 for 5L tin.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Every 5 years I slap a bit of Cuprinol colours on all my outbuildings, this year I did a bit ‘Dusky Gem’ looks fabulous [emoji1303]

That would be my sensible take on it too. Treat it like a fence - fairly limited choice of colours, but just take your pick and slap it on!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Can’t say much about other products but I used this on Skinners’ recommendation and it works a treat giving your shed a varnished (well protected) finish. Needs a few coats first time but well worth it

I bought a chalet from skinners , certainly wasn't preserved but raw pine. I used a paint similar to the skinners recommendation but got it from brewers, 5 years on its as good as new.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here