Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice on getting to Wembley

Hi

I have searched as I am pretty sure I read a thread on here with advice of how to get to Wembley...but couldn't find it. As we live in SE London, are on the farside of the ground from Wembley way and taking my two children i have decided to train it from Marylebone to Wembley Stadium station. This does mean train to Charing Cross, bakerloo to Marylebone, at rush hour!..has anyone got any good alternatives?

Many thanks for any suggestions

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Hi

I have searched as I am pretty sure I read a thread on here with advice of how to get to Wembley...but couldn't find it. As we live in SE London, are on the farside of the ground from Wembley way and taking my two children i have decided to train it from Marylebone to Wembley Stadium station. This does mean train to Charing Cross, bakerloo to Marylebone, at rush hour!..has anyone got any good alternatives?

Easiest way is a tube......... use google or a search engine sidcup / bexley to wembley......

http://www.quickmap.com/wembley/lon7se.pdf

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Why not get the train all the way from Charing Cross to Wembley? Or get the Jubilee line all the way to Wembley Park?

The Marylebone train service is good, but it's not very frequent, so you can end up waiting around.

Yes would normally agree and get the Jubilee line, but long walk from Wembley park and we are on the other side of the stadium, with a 4 & 7 year old! Hence the thinking of getting to nearest station to that side...guess I could use that on the way back

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Jubilee Line to Wembley Park is by far the easiest way these days
OR you can get the overground train to (I think) Wembley Central but it may not be open afterwards

SORRY _ SAW PREVIOUS REPLY AFTER POSTING THIS

There's always buses !!!

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I took my 7 year old to Wembley for an England match and we ended up standing for nearly an hour afterwards trying to get near the station. We went the way we were herded by police, there wasn't really much choice.

With hindsight I would probably have gone and found a restaurant nearby for a bite to eat and let the queues die down.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
It's only when you go to Wembley that you realise having to wait 20-40 minutes for a train from the Amex is pretty damn good!

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Hi

Don't use the rail station. Obscene queuing afterwards. Stay on the baker loo line to wembley central. It's not that far to the ground. 15 min walk.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We're going on Saturday and have been advised to get the train to Clapham Junction, and from there get the overland to Wembley Central. Getting back will be a different story, and I think we'll just wing it.

The tickets say to arrive 2 hours early. We're going to watch a football match, not catch a flight..................

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Was there on Sunday night, travelling from sw London. Easy enough getting there, getting back a nightmare. We left on 90 mins, spent 45 mins in mcdonalds (card machines weren't working in ground so bring loads of cash, we were starving!) and still stupid queues at all stations. We got a bus to stonebridge park and bakerloo from there, worked a treat.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Based on those last two replies think I'll be heading out early! Est 70k for tomorrow's game...:(

I wouldn't get too excited about stories of doom, use the marylebone service on the way out, tube back. There'll be queues of course, but I've never noticed anything excessive and it's very well organised.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The tickets say to arrive 2 hours early. We're going to watch a football match, not catch a flight..................

But you WILL be going through airport-style security...

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Based on those last two replies think I'll be heading out early! Est 70k for tomorrow's game...:(

If you want to get away from Wembo with your sanity intact there's only two options:

1) leave on 80 mins and jog to station (or 75 mins if you have kids)
2) have a meal afterwards and try the station an hour after the end of the game.

Credit to Wembley, they do clear the crowds relatively quickly after the game.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If you want to get away from Wembo with your sanity intact there's only two options:

1) leave on 80 mins and jog to station (or 75 mins if you have kids)
2) have a meal afterwards and try the station an hour after the end of the game.

Credit to Wembley, they do clear the crowds relatively quickly after the game.

Great advice, there are 4 stations to guess from

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With hindsight I would probably have gone and found a restaurant nearby for a bite to eat and let the queues die down.

Last time I tried this after an England game, al the nearby resteraunts had queues almost as long as the train station, and were all charging set menu prices of £25+

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
We were there on Sunday night.

We drove to Harrow and Wealdstone, parked at the station (Sundays are £1), and got the Bakerloo from there to Wembley Central. After the game and a 15-20 minute walk, we walked straight onto platform and got first tube back to Harrow.

Make sure you go the correct entrance when you get back to Wembley Central. There's plenty of people there to ask, and they will point you the right way, if you tell them where you're going back to.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I will say the platform on the southbound Bakerloo was a lot busier than our Northbound one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here