Advice on being a guarantor please.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As others have said I would check all the facts with the agent first but it may be the difference between them getting the place and not. The only issue we had with it was that they only told us about the need for a guarantor two days before we moved in and said it would be a £100 admin charge!! I would check for any hidden charges like that.

Over £90 profit !!!!!! And people still defend letting agents :facepalm:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I can't see them getting the keys tomorrow if you've only just found out about the guarantor thing. You will surely also need to be referenced and credit checked etc

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Thanks for all the advice, it turns out that he didn't need a guarantor after all and was given the wrong advice by the agency. He is picking up the keys tonight and moving in tomorrow.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I had to do it for my 79 year old mum when she moved into a flat over here, which was odd.

I'd be happy to do it for my son but I'd be careful to ensure that my only liability was for his portion and that I couldn't incur liability for the others under any circumstances. I'd advise VERY careful reading of the small print.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports