Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice on Away Tickets Needed

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Just managed to get the first Saturday in donkey's off work and would love to get to Reading. I am not in the AMS (and cant find any information on the official site about joining) and obviously dont want to sit with the Reading crowd. If I purchase one of the tickets available on NSC do I need some proof that I am in the AMS?

I am sure this has been discussed before and feel free to abruptly direct me to another thread but I couldnt find anything and thought it would also be useful with all the new people on here to revisit the issue at the start of a new season.

Cheers

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Also there is so many people on the AMS data base that they do not even check to see if you are a member.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If you phone reading they will have an idea all ready.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If there looks like being 1500 empty seats, Reading are highly likely to let any in that turn up on the day - they'd be stupid not to.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
1st division games nearly always end up being pay on the gate, I have never had any problem & haven't once bought in advance through AMS. The only time you will struggle this season may be rotherham or crewe, and perhaps the last nailbiter of the season.
just turn up, it will be ok;)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
empire said:
sure someone mentioned 3500 sold:(

Someone probably did empire.

The first casualty of war and away crowds is truth!!

(Remember the scare mongering on the first Saturday that Cardiff tickets were put on sale? - They will be sold out by the afternoon!)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
alot of AMS members might not decide until later in the week, others will be waiting on weather repors. I reckon the club should confirm pay on the gate on thursday but as its the away club (Readings) decision they may delay it until friday

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
The only time you will struggle this season may be rotherham or crewe, and perhaps the last nailbiter of the season.

Rotherham IS the last nail biter of the season.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
oldham gull said:
1st division games nearly always end up being pay on the gate, I have never had any problem & haven't once bought in advance through AMS. The only time you will struggle this season may be rotherham or crewe, and perhaps the last nailbiter of the season.
just turn up, it will be ok;)

Then why did I have so many problems getting tickets in the last two seasons, more so when we were last in div 1? Quite often I was unable to get tickets even though I'm an AMS member.

On another note though, I've already got my tickets for West Ham away sorted. My other halfs MD used to have an executive box and is hopeful of getting one for the game, if not will get normal seats. Yay! :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Could have sworn i heard years ago that reading have never done a pay on the day mmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

They did eventually in April 2003 but that was because SKY changed it to Friday evening which prevented a lot of the Albion fans getting there.
So a lot of Albion fans stayed in Brighton to watch it on tv.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here