Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice needed cheap laptop for my daughter please

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
4gb is bare minimum required, but 8gb would be better if the cost is a minimal jump. As towards space, 500gb is bare minimum, then some where down the line you could buy your own cloud facilities like mycloud 3tb which is cheaper than a 3tb hard drive upgrade.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But the cloud is where it is at, it is the future. Look how the storage is dropping on all laptops, especially Apple. She can use a Chromebook and access all her pics anywhere.

She could but if she's storing serious amounts of stuff she'll run out of space that's given for free pretty quickly. She'll then need a Google Apps subscription at £6.60 a month. You could buy a 1TB hard drive for a lot less. I love my Chromebook but I wouldn't store any amount of photos on it

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Some advice needed please. Daughter wants cheap laptop to store photos download music. I know she wants a re writer but some advice needed regarding memory, i.e will a 4 gig be OK or should I spend the extra for an 8 gig? She will also be on Facebook and other media like face time etc.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Looks like you know exactly what to get now.:lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Looks like you know exactly what to get now.:lolol:
I opened this thread as I also want to buy a cheap family laptop (capable of running "Scratch").

Clear as mud...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here