Advice - best stand to take a young child to

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My advice would be not to take your boy into the 1901 Club. Kids can be a bit fussy about what they eat. It would just be £14 waste IMHO. Unless of course he happens to like school diners.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When I was a young child my first game was in 1982 in the middle of the North stand loved every minute. Don't understand all this pussy footing around with family stands take him in a decent stand.

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Thanks all.

I have contacts in 1901 and have been offered tickets but didn't know if it would be acceptable.

Family stand sounds, logically, the best place. Will see how my dad gets on in the New Year but he could be having round three of chemo so may not be up to it.

The longer I leave it the better but my boy has been singing Sussex By The Sea and Brighton Aces for over a year and loves watching 'seagulls on the blue and white shirts' on the TV; he could be ready and it would only be the once. When he is older I would take him more often but the first game needs to be special, with family and definitely at the Amex.

Family stand for sure.

Good luck to your Dad for his next round of chemo. Take him before it starts, you won't regret it. Start making the memories now-lets hope you get many more years to build them.

My Dad went to his one and only Amex match-after brain surgery and before his chemo and radio started. To be there with him-who introduced me to the delights of watching The Albion (many moons ago) and with my eldest daughter, is a memory that we will cherish forever. The club were also great and gave us a guided tour-before they were generally available. My Dad was absolutely thrilled and very humbled that they did this for him. Sadly he died last year but he gave me and my children a life long passion for our club.
Grab the moment-your sons first match and with his dad and grandad, fabulous!

Stumpy Tim

I took my son to his first game last Saturday. He's 2 3/4, and I was worried! I only took him as an excuse to go to the football. I have a season ticket in the north, but chose the lower east family stand. Much to my amazement he loved it. There are many reasons why it works so well. The main one is that everyone is in the same boat and totally understands the fidgeting that happens. However, the closeness to the north stand was also great... He spent a lot of time watching them sing and he clapped when they did. He even started dancing after the third goal.

I was so happy I took him (with my Dad). Really great experience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports