Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Advice: Bereavement of an estranged relative

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
You only had one Mum so do the decent thing and go to the funeral otherwise at some point you will bitterly regret you did not go.

It sounds like YOU would bitterly regret it if you were in that situation but not everyone feels the same. I am in a similar position to the OP and absolutely no way will I go to the funeral - I would feel hypocritical and regret going afterwards, or even during.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Quite a number of people are estranged from relatives, when neither of them are nasty pieces of work - just circumstances and personalities can cause people to part. It sounds like it was quite a straightforward decision for you, and you don't regret it because you know it was the right decision, but it's not that straight forward for everyone.

I absolutely 100% agree with you Trig. I was only trying to give F&S some help in deciding. I didn't say do this or that, just that there are people in the same boat as him.

I just hope that whatever decision he makes, he doesn't regret it. Blood sometimes really is not thicker than water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here