Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice appreciated - puppy or rescue dog......

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is nice if it were true but most rescue dogs exhibit some traits that are very difficult to deal with once you have taken them home. For example, most of them hate being left alone for any length of time. When you get home that have destroyed the room they have been left in.

How are you able to speak about what 'most' rescue dogs do? Despite 'most' posters on here describing their experiences with rescue dogs as being very positive.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How are you able to speak about what 'most' rescue dogs do? Despite 'most' posters on here describing their experiences with rescue dogs as being very positive.

exactly....christ on a bike

my family have had rescue dogs since i was in nappies,3 dogs in all that lived long and unhealthy lives thanks to our pampering,each one was a nutty individual but i couldnt ask for a better mate.It really is a thing about meeting the dog face to face and saying yes thats for me.....but i will never have one of these buggers again,the last one that died ripped my heart out.

but OP go with a rescue dog....but take your time over it

theboybilly

We very nearly took on a 4 year-old Staffie yesterday only to be told we wouldn't be allowed to adopt him due to our 8 year-old grandson occasionally coming to visit. Joey is well used to Staffies as he has had two in his household one of whom was very boisterous. He has also had loads of contact with our two (now departed) SBTs. I understand Dogs Trust's concern and they are now looking for a more suitable dog for us. I don't think we'll have much of a wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here