Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

advertising free stuff wrbsite

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Freecycle. Beware - it's savage - advertise anything half decent and you'll be inundated with sob stories from folk claiming their dying child would enjoy their last moments if you choose them to dump your item of crap onto.

Still, easier than lugging it to the tip. :thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You also get loads of timewasters who never turn up to collect the "gift" that their dying child was going to enjoy - so it is now resting in peace in the tip with the rest

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Actually freecycle Brighton was recently replaced with something called Greencycle Sussex - GreenCycleSussex : GreenCycleSussex

Freecycle does still exist but this Greencycle Sussex yahoo group is the real deal. Not sure why they broke away but I always used to use freecycle Brighton until I got told they were messing with it so they were going to change things slightly. Everything seems to run the same way, I just get emails from Greencycle rather than Freecycle

Best way to use it is to sign up for the digest email and have them all automatically filtered by your email provider to go straight into a "freecycle" folder which you can then search as and when you please if you're ever after something.

When it comes to listing stuff that has a lot of demand, again just make sure all the replies are automatically filtered into your freecycle folder and either pick whoever you think sounds most reliable or pick the first to respond and give them specific instructions on picking it up which if they fail to follow you then offer to the next person on your list.

If you can leave your unwanted goods outside somewhere to be picked up whilst you're at work or whatever, makes life easier

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here