Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adult deliberately shoots 7-y-o......in Britain

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Low life scum exist all over this country. It may be controversial but I feel schools have gone soft. In my time at school, primary and secondary, corporal punishment was the norm. Bullying nasty ********s were disciplined and were forced to learn respect, which is a quality lacking on life today. If you can get away with thumping someone at school, why not progress to stabbing or shooting someone who pisses you off?

Yes, in my day too, but it really is not that simple. Nasty bullies may well have been disciplined, but that did not stop the gang wars of the 60s and earlier, though it might have had a salutory effect on those less inclined to malice. I don't think that pupils get away with thumping each other at school, by the way, as anything that smacks of bullying and violence in general is greatly frowned upon. Public standards do seem to have taken a tumble is some respects, granted, but then nowadays, there is always someone to blame for your personal lack of responsibility.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes, in my day too, but it really is not that simple. Nasty bullies may well have been disciplined, but that did not stop the gang wars of the 60s and earlier, though it might have had a salutory effect on those less inclined to malice. I don't think that pupils get away with thumping each other at school, by the way, as anything that smacks of bullying and violence in general is greatly frowned upon. Public standards do seem to have taken a tumble is some respects, granted, but then nowadays, there is always someone to blame for your personal lack of responsibility.
i don't agree with corporal punishment in schools either, I was caned at school, it hurt , but I was caned 6 or 7 times so it can't have been that much of a deterrent, plus I've never hit my kids so I'm blowed if anyone else is going to .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If kids were allowed to carry guns here, as they do in Uncle Sam's land, then the nipper could have shot the scumbag back and taken out the lowlife. The namby pamby legislation in this country encourages gun crime. #NRA #GodBlessAmerica

theboybilly

Can we not turn this into a political or race thing? There are 60 million relatively wealthy people in this small country, I shoyls admit I'm more surprised there isn't more gang violence. The money they pull in must be near the billions, and control for a lucrative market like that should be more intensely disputed id imagine.

The people at the bottom are fighting over scraps. The billions go to faceless people but those at the front don't make that much money for there 'efforts'. But they are too simple to realise that they are stuck in a never-ending cycle and their lives are never going to improve. A few years down the line new blood will come along and they'll have even less opportunity to scratch out a living...and so it goes on. It's so depressing

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Couldn't we have a mutually beneficial reciprocal agreement with Saudi Arabia over this? They catch somebody with a few bottles of booze in his car, or a lady who prefers male company that isn't her husband by forced marriage, and they send them over here to be dealt with by our legal system, and when we have a scumbag who shoots little children, and terrible stuff like that, we pack them off to Saudi to treat in a way that gets their rocks off.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Low life scum exist all over this country. It may be controversial but I feel schools have gone soft. In my time at school, primary and secondary, corporal punishment was the norm. Bullying nasty ********s were disciplined and were forced to learn respect, which is a quality lacking on life today. If you can get away with thumping someone at school, why not progress to stabbing or shooting someone who pisses you off?

i don't think you can put the blame of schools for these kind of problems. They run far deeper than that and need a whole range of issues to be addressed to solve them.

I would also disagree with the idea that corporal punishment is the only way to teach respect.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Not sure discipline in schools is the real solution to gang violence to be honest. I'm no expert but gangs are not something new surely?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
David Cameron's Great Britain

Pathetic to blame him for even this.

Manchester has had a gun and gang culture for far more years than he has been PM. This is nothing to do with party politics.
Politicians from both sides have failed to deal with this area for many years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here