Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrian Colunga & Nzuzi Toko

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Colunga was simply a bang average player. Probably would've done alright in L1, but a Championship player he was not. Just one of those obscure bargain-basement foreign nonentities that Burke had a fixation with.

The sending-off against Fulham at home was one of the most stupid things I've ever seen an Albion player do, and that includes Freeman gobbing on his own shirt. Compounded by AC taking ten minutes to leave the pitch when we needed an equaliser like an obese child needs the proverbial baked dessert.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wasn't Clunge let go because he was supposed to be homesick?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What a strange thread.....

I managed to sleep through the 93/94 season, just wondering if anyone could update me on the progress of Stewart Kerr and Jeff Minton?

Jeff Minton is attempting to replace Bobby Zamora in the "let's re-sign an ex-player who last played for us at least 10 years ago" role:-

[TWEET]651852487071268865[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
when on earth did hughton manage jeff minton?!

Probably in Mintons young days at Spurs.,

Hughton retired from playing after the 1992-93 season at Brentford. He then returned to Spurs as a coach; according to Wikipedia, he was initially in charge of the U-21 side. Minton's last season at Spurs was 1993-94, before being released and joining Albion. So, it would seem that Minton would have had one season playing predominantly for Hughton at Tottenham.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I am amazed that it took until post #42 for this "NSC fact" to be trotted out.

It's a question, did you notice the question mark or is sarcasm your best effort?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It's a question, did you notice the question mark or is sarcasm your best effort?

Eh?

There was never any suggestion at the time (or since) from the club or reputable media (eg Argus) that Colunga was homesick. That didn't stop people posting as such on here. So much so that a year ago I made a post pointing out the evidence that suggests it was nonsense - Adrian Colunga

You will note the SECOND post on that thread:-

Didn't he leave because he was homesick? He was played out of position when he was here though.

I'm still genuinely shocked it took until post #42 in this thread. :wave:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Eh?

There was never any suggestion at the time (or since) from the club or reputable media (eg Argus) that Colunga was homesick. That didn't stop people posting as such on here. So much so that a year ago I made a post pointing out the evidence that suggests it was nonsense - Adrian Colunga

You will note the SECOND post on that thread:-

I'm still genuinely shocked it took until post #42 in this thread. :wave:

Hence why he used a question mark, as I did in my post!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am amazed that it took until post #42 for this "NSC fact" to be trotted out.
It ranks alongside the 'Zamora doesn't like football' factoid as the myth that never goes away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here