Admin>>>Issue with 'New Posts, 'What's New?' and 'Search' features!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Anyone else getting issues with these features of NSC?

I keep getting a page loading with the following message:

"Unable to serve this request! Site Temporarily Unavailable. Connection timed out - please try again later"

I always use the 'New posts' feature and find it very useful when I log in and would like to know if it is a site issue that admin are aware of (or not) or a problem at my end.

I can not see a previous post re this and obviously my quick search is currently defunct.

Any thoughts?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's been an update in some back-end software with our hosts which has broken all search related features - this includes 'New Posts' and Tapatalk's 'Latest' and 'Participated' functions.

This has forced my hand into updating vBulletin, our software, sooner than I had planned to. Given the size of NSC, this may require an all-nighter on my part - I'll look at it early next week.

Sorry and all that.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Thanks for the update guys.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In the mean time if you need to search the site for something go to google and "[search words] site:www.northstandchat.com" (though when I did this yesterday, a large number of he results were profile pages of people who had posted in threads with the search words in the title)

macky

Dec 28, 2004
is any one else gettin gthat pop up again ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Might be imagining this, but on occasion NSC seems to drop my internet connection, especially when I open a few posts in tabs.

Anyone else have this happen?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still having problems with 'latest' screen on Tapatalk :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports