Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adieu Azure

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You have to bear in mind that not much changed for yesterday's match, with the exception of a different set of people walking around looking important - same suppliers, same food, same staff - at least, I'm told all of those who were employed by Azure at the stadium have been retained.

I think it's unrealistic to have made wholesale changes in that brief time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it's unrealistic to have made wholesale changes in that brief time.

Simple re-organisation/re-configuration of kiosk staff and training would be realistic though; quick wins as another poster mentioned.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I actually had to instruct the young lad pouring the Kronenburg on the ESU concourse yesterday after the match how to pour a pint.
He was pouring it 2 inches above the glass without tilting it, result 1 inch of frothy head.
Told him to tilt the glass and hold it closer to the tap, result, a perfect pint and 1/4 inch of head.
He thanked me and said nobody had taught him how to pour a pint before.

I really feel for the young staff, they are literally just told this is what your job is, get on with it, lack of training is the cause of the poor service.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I actually had to instruct the young lad pouring the Kronenburg on the ESU concourse yesterday after the match how to pour a pint.
He was pouring it 2 inches above the glass without tilting it, result 1 inch of frothy head.
Told him to tilt the glass and hold it closer to the tap, result, a perfect pint and 1/4 inch of head.
He thanked me and said nobody had taught him how to pour a pint before.

I really feel for the young staff, they are literally just told this is what your job is, get on with it, lack of training is the cause of the poor service.

Absolutely. That's how it's been every week in the WSU. For what it's worth - although probably coincidence - buying my post-match pint was the first problem free transaction of the entire season. Hopefully with a bit of organisation things can improve vastly.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My e-cash still is not on my f***ing card.
This is theft by the club - I'm going to the OB on Wednesday if it's not sorted for the Bristol game.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I heard from a good source that they had to put in new Ovens and had to work till 5am to get them in. If true I'm guessing Azure took theirs out Friday night which unless they had another venue lined up seems drastic!

When I left the ground on Friday night at about 6.30 the concourses were a hive of activity so I say good work by the club to get anything served on Saturday at 1pm!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Lindley's are the caterers at ...

Barnsley, Bradford City, Bristol City, Bury, Celtic, Colchester United, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Dundee, Dundee United, Gillingham, Hibernian, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Livingston, Manchester City, Millwall, Northampton Town, Notts County, Oxford United, Peterborough United, Portsmouth, Preston North End, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Swindon Town, Tottenham Hotspur, Watford, West Bromwich Albion and York City.

....well i remember casarinos bar (spelling ) at Gillingham......Epic....

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Some feedback from myself in WSU. Best pints of lager to date that I have encountered at the Amex. Poured to perfection. Queueing was non existent on every occasion I went to the bar which under Azure was unheard of from 2:30 onwards. On a slightly more negative note the burger that I purchased was (even in my intoxicated state) simply inedible which was slightly disappointing. All in all though for a first effort it was more than okay

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's an important question. I can ask if you introduce me.

Me too please.

Had a message from Jo (Piglets) today, she spent all day Saturday in the 1901 kitchens and thinks she has identified what is wrong with the way the pies are being stored and heated there. I have also told her there are some other questions asked, such as the fillings, will feedback what she says. Se can also be contacted at Facebook, PigletsPantryHQ

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was told that Lindley's have pretty much the same operating and trading principles as Azure - which is worrying.

The worrying aspect is they have the catering gig at Smellhurst. :sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here